STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    OK, I've got John's summaries entered, Andraax is working on his - since nobody else volunteered, I guess I'll take all summaries up to but not including "Furry" (which, it turns out, is totally *not* a pop culture reference). Hopefully I'll have the Spells portion of the companion posted in the next day or two.
    I would have thought the pop-culture reference would have been apparent. E-mail me with what you have covered so far and I'll see if I can wrangle it in to my busy schedule.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

OK, I have the first section through Furry done.

Thanks for the offer, Scott, but I think we're good if Andraax is still up for his selection - that still cool with you, dude?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

BTW, I've sent off my section to you via email.

Perfect, thanks - just putting a couple touches on it - should have it posted tonight, fates willing.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I will have a look at the monsters....
    What are you thinking about the Monsters? I had planned to tackle those next (and maybe take a whack at the Classic Monsters while I was at it if Troll Lords was interested and no one else was working on it... though if they were it would be somewhat of a relief). However, if you're going to handle it, then I'll work on something else.

Blog Entries
    i made a NPC module creator for C&C here (although I havent checked the output with FG3)...

https://swordsnsorcery.com/fantasygrounds/npcs.php

Im sure if I get the monsters in excel spreadsheet format it would take a very short time (possibly just cut n paste direct into database) to modularise this...
    Im just looking at the PDF now..

Blog Entries
    Im experimenting with this - it should be quite ok - if a little manual.
    Please anyone chime in and let me know any tips to save time here:

1. Copy Monster from PDF to Notepad++
    2. Use Ctrl+J to join broken lines
    3. Copy into Excel
    4. Check that all lines are the same as other monsters - eg Bats has Attribute stats where Saves should be and Saves where Int should be.
    5. Clean up data - eg Find/Replace "NO. ENCOUNTERED: " with ""
    First issue.... this then turns numbers into dates at every opportunity eg 10-50 becomes Oct-50. Ive tried setting all fields to TEXT before and after pasting monster data, turning off autocorrect for this document. Cant find anything else to try.
    6. Reorder fields to match my data import
    7. Paste into my template excel
    8. Import to SQL database
    9. Use the PHP page above to download.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    so... im about a third of the way thru... very cumbersome and manual process sadly.
    If you can just provide me with a text file of the monster data all cleaned up and correct (sometimes text coming out of a PDF takes a lot of massaging), I can do the rest. I'm thinking that this would form the basis of the GM-only version of the CC module. I'm happy to do the coding & text extraction - it's the text extraction and correcting that drives me nuts.

Thread Information