DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Would it be possible to implement GM targeting while the bugs are being fixed? With 3.0 the GM can target, but rolls made are not applied toward the targets (Fighting/Shooting or damage, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Irondrake View Post
    Would it be possible to implement GM targeting while the bugs are being fixed? With 3.0 the GM can target, but rolls made are not applied toward the targets (Fighting/Shooting or damage, etc.)
    Personally I'd rather bugs fixed before new stuff added!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

FG 3.0 crash when using Clear Owner Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard View Post
    * Which ruleset are you using? (assuming SW, since this is the forum)
    => of course :-) as you said. this is the forum

* You should not attempt to clear holder tags manually by editing the campaign XML, which can cause data loss in done incorrectly.
    => I had done this quite often to fix broken xml, so I think I know what I am doing.

* To clear the owner of a PC, right click on the PC in the Character Selection window and select the "Clear Owner" menu option.
    => I know that. But this is exactly what is not working since upgrade to FG3.0. When I try this using teh menu, FG crashes.

Also, can you recreate the crash situation every time? If so, can you send me the campaign directory that causes the crash along with the steps to follow?
    => Yes I can recreate every time. You just have to try to clear an owner via menu exactly as you have advised me to do

You can send me your campaign file to [email protected]. I just tried to recreate with a local test campaign with no luck.

Thanks,
    JPG

Can someone explain to me how the targeting worked in v2.9.4 with the SW ruleset?

Other target list in the CT that displayed which targets that a PC was targeting, I don't see any functionality that used any targeting features.

Thanks,
    JPG

When a player targeted a token the player portrait was placed next to the selected entry on the combat tracker, made removing the killed NPCs much easier (especially in fights as big as Necropolis can get!)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Have you tried the new targeting? There would be an arrow(s) from the PC token to the target(s).

Cheers,
    JPG

That works but nothing is shown on the combat tracker, but it does not help much, in fact it's fairly pointless right now (as it does nothing except draw a line between the two tokens), If I could delete a token from the map and that npc was removed from the tracker it would be fine, but that does not work all that happens is the token is deleted from the map.

I know that these will be fixed (at some point) but right now I am happy that I can roll-back to 2.94

All these problems stem from the fact that SW has been around since FG1 and thus has it its own code base for years and thus always had to play catch up every-time you added nice new features to 3.5/4e, so it's all your fault!
    Last edited by Doswelk; December 22nd, 2013 at 08:17.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information