DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 28 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    Well.. you can roll the d2 STR loss and apply it as:
    Lycanthropy;STR:-2 or whatever...
    then keep increasing that number as the victim's STR dwindles.
    Plus you can do a Lycanthropy generic effect with a timer that ticks off until they are out of luck... the rest pretty much has to be done manually.
    making FG roll an auto save every time their turn in the round comes up might be tricky. But yeah responses I've had before on this sorta thing usually are along the lines or arrrrr errrrrrr *gulp*. I think it requires A bit of modification to the engine itself to get right.
    Ive put it on the wish list already but don't hold out much hope.
    Strange though poisons are a big part of RPGs
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure there's a way to trigger an automatic roll with an effect unfortunately.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Hi guys, I am helping out a player with a Bard and his performances and I read through this thread so I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Is there a way to setup a effect that increases a Charm or Fear save? I can find one for will but I'll bet you can't get more specific than that.

Blog Entries
    Three options.
    • Just use the Modifier box when the spell comes up... this is simple and straight forward but doesn't give any info as to what the plus is for.
    • Use /mod and build it in as a hotkey. (this is probably the best/simplest overall way) /mod +2 Inspire Courage
    • Build in an effect that has a 'single roll' option... this is similar to the hotkey but more consistent with other bonus effects you are doing as a bard.

All of these require the player to take some action just prior to the save being rolled. If the GM autorolls the saves none of this will be taken into account and unfortunately there really isn't a way to build a save against a specific spell effect.

Three options.
    • Just use the Modifier box when the spell comes up... this is simple and straight forward but doesn't give any info as to what the plus is for.
    • Use /mod and build it in as a hotkey. (this is probably the best/simplest overall way) /mod +2 Inspire Courage
    • Build in an effect that has a 'single roll' option... this is similar to the hotkey but more consistent with other bonus effects you are doing as a bard.

All of these require the player to take some action just prior to the save being rolled. If the GM autorolls the saves none of this will be taken into account and unfortunately there really isn't a way to build a save against a specific spell effect.
    Thanks I think we can work with that.

Blog Entries
    I was looking for an effect for bonuses to Spell Resistance rolls or Concentration checks in PF.
    Anyone know if there is an effect for these?

I was looking for an effect for bonuses to Spell Resistance rolls or Concentration checks in PF.
    Anyone know if there is an effect for these?
    Nope, effects don't cover these.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

would someone please explain the difference between the effects library (effects.mod) and the conditions library (conditions.mod, from another thread).

- why does the conditions in the condition list have the effect name *plus* the effects listed after it -- it's duplicating the effect, in effect :-P
    - why is there a need for both?
    - if there is a good reason, please enlighten.
    - effects is self-explanatory, but how does one use conditions?

thanks in advance.

yours truly,
    confused.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon
    would someone please explain the difference between the effects library (effects.mod) and the conditions library (conditions.mod, from another thread).

- why does the conditions in the condition list have the effect name *plus* the effects listed after it -- it's duplicating the effect, in effect :-P
    - why is there a need for both?
    - if there is a good reason, please enlighten.
    - effects is self-explanatory, but how does one use conditions?
    Conditions.mod was created so that a condition could be quickly dragged to the CT and users would not worry about having to spell the condition correctly. As the condition would be spelled correctly you could be sure that FG will automatically apply the condition modifiers listed in the 3.5E User's Guide under Effects -> Label: Conditions.

You're right, the effects.mod file should not have the condition name and the resulting effects as well - as this will double the effect. For example - "Kneeling; AC: -2 melee; AC: 2 ranged" would give the effect for the condition "Kneeling" (FG automatically includes the modifiers for this condition) and also the "AC: -2 melee" for someone doing a melee attack and so the AC would be -4.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Conditions.mod was created so that a condition could be quickly dragged to the CT and users would not worry about having to spell the condition correctly. As the condition would be spelled correctly you could be sure that FG will automatically apply the condition modifiers listed in the 3.5E User's Guide under Effects -> Label: Conditions.

You're right, the effects.mod file should not have the condition name and the resulting effects as well - as this will double the effect. For example - "Kneeling; AC: -2 melee; AC: 2 ranged" would give the effect for the condition "Kneeling" (FG automatically includes the modifiers for this condition) and also the "AC: -2 melee" for someone doing a melee attack and so the AC would be -4.
    great. i came to similar conclusion as how i would use these mods. thank you for clarification.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Thread Information