Starfinder Playlist

Old School DnDer looking to learn New School

I played and DM'd the original dnd basic and all the way through to 2nd edition hard core years ago. Played a little bit of the 3rd and 3.5 but never stuck with it cause of DM issues. Now instead of buying a harley for my midlife crisis I chose the geek way. Reading the 4e core rules and wanting to give this virtual table top a few dice scars. Even though I havn't nerded up the 4th edition rules yet or this fg system it seems very cool and I want to try it out. If any groups or DMs want to give this 0 lvl Cavalier a chance, please post me. I'll play what ever class/race is needed or 3.5 ruleset whatever just to learn the game and mechanics. I'll even give the sci-fi junk a giz to learn but much rather the 4e dnd.

***PROOOOTECTIOOOON FROM EEEEEEEEEVIIIIL!!!***

Hi!

I also began with the Holmes Basic set and played AD&D through the 80s before putting it all aside. I returned to D&D for 4th edition and have been playing online. At the end of the day, I decided that it wasn't for me.

Instead, I found Castles & Crusades and really love the experience it offers. I'm running a game now and really enjoy it.

If you try 4e and love it, fantastic. If you try it and want to return to something that reminds you of the old school experience you had, send me a PM. We are always looking for people who like to role play.

R

Same Boat

I'm a lapsed player from the 80s also. It's been a very long time since I've done any RPG-ing. I used to play AD&D, Top Secret and a few others. The virtual table top concept seems like an interesting idea. I have not tried the 4th edition D&D rules either. So I'm a double noob. I am willing to give it a shot.

hey guys thanks for the replies. I'm presently involved in a 4e game and I like it. Contrary to many people I really like it and think it's a nice evolution to the game I used to play many years ago. I think the essentials of roleplaying will never be determined by a ruleset. Instead I think it is governed by the individual DM and his players. As far as the combat mechanics and the character development in 4e ...so far I like except for the saving throws but being open minded. It's nothing like a Mmorpg and I've played many of them to know including Warcraft...puke. I don't know why some people even make that comparison. It is however like a mixture of Magic the Gathering and DnD in my opinion...and in a good way. I would encourage any old schoolers out there to look into it with an open mind. As far as CnC I was thinking about it but chose the 4e for now anyways.

Also if anyone has a weekend 4e game going I would like to apply.

Thread Information