DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

[CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness - interest?

Hi All

Okay - now I am still a very novice gamer/keeper and equally as such with Fantasy Grounds, however Sondermanns Fright Night has inspired me to consider running my own sessions and the deep end is always a good place to start

From the small experience I have had with FG I feel confident that I could run a campaign using BtMoM.

Would there be any mad souls prepared to give this a shot - will completely understand if not - it could be a very scary experience for all - let alone the actual content!!

It would be GMT ideally Wednesdays or Thursdays - 7 - 9.30pm, there is some flexibility here - possibly as the group develops we could engage the services of Skype etc - read .... as I become more confident!!

I am looking for 4 intrepid individuals - 6 max.

Please PM or post here if interested - but do understand I am by no means an expert - just someone very keen to learn at the sharp end!! - or plain stupid

J
    My mind not only wanders sometimes it leaves completely .....

Looking at the size of the book, I think 'the deep end' is something of an understatement

I'd love to play in this one, but both suggested nights are out for me. Any chance of a Friday or Sunday evening session? If not, good luck with it, it looks as if it could be an awesome gaming experience.

Ian

Hi Valgard - many thanks for your interest - I'm very excited -very sad

Re night of the week - I think it's flexible - would hate to dig my heels in for a Wednesday only to find all the players can do a Sunday - lol

I'll hold off making an evening specific until we have an idea of who and their availability - fingers crossed if this gets enough interest we can set a day that also works for you

J

I'm currently playing in a BTMOM campaign using FG and it is AWESOME; only to have gotten AWESOMER with our recent adoption of the official ruleset. I'll go ahead and tell you that you might get more willing participants if you post this over at https://www.yog-sothoth.com in their forums, and specifically within the Electric Card Board subforum. There are plenty of guys over there with oodles of interest in playing a Cthulhu game using FG, but just simply aren't frequenters of these forums. Good luck. Teki'li...

Wait! Scratch all dat, Dog! I see that you've already posted over there as "Fleabane." Good luck.

Thanks Orpheus - I joined the FG forum a few years ago - hence the different user names - lol

Great to hear you guys have had a great time using FGII for CoC - I'm really excited by the possibility

Take care

J

Hey i would like to try CoC and i´m at GMT+0 and i can play at almost anytime so gamersquest do you want to teach me some lines in CoC? can you open a session tonight to create the character and tell me the basics?
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Hi Blue Haven

Thats great news - glad you are keen to join in - once we have a few players together I'll run through the basics and help people create their characters - it's probable that to get things underway - I'll run a short scenario first - that way people can get to know each other before the bigger adventure begins

J

Quote Originally Posted by gamersquest
    Thanks Orpheus - I joined the FG forum a few years ago - hence the different user names - lol

Great to hear you guys have had a great time using FGII for CoC - I'm really excited by the possibility

Take care

J
    Yeah, I post over there as YallOfCthulhu (it supposed to be Y'all of Cthulhu, but there are no apostrophes allowed there ).

Okay just a quick recap - who can make this mega undertaking!!

We shall play one short and light hearted scenario first - just to get a feel for how others game:

Blue Haven
    Valgard

Lets try and aim for a Sunday evening - 7.00pm - 10.00pm

If interested please confirm - I'll get the small pilot project underway ;-)

Thread Information