5E Character Create Playlist

Double Click to Roll

I have a slick ruleset created by one of the many geniuses here (and you're all staggeringly attractive as well....(Phloog rolls his Diplomacy at -2))...this ruleset automatically rolls from the skills list - - double click on the Total for the skill, and it rolls and adds the modifier. The ruleset is d20_JPG.

I have now started using a ruleset for a different game that has none of this functionality, and I'd like to add it....so my questions as someone who has not modified a ruleset before are:

1) Is this a mammoth task for most rulesets?, and

2) I seem to recall that the creator described HOW he did this, but searching for 'double click rolling' and such hasn't worked out (just realized I never searched for d20_JPG!!! - may edit this in a second!)....can someone point me in the right direction?

3) Has anyone used this functionality in a ruleset that also includes The Box, and do they conflict?

Thanks,
    JT

The double-click functionality is described in this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=6015
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    The double-click functionality is described in this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=6015
    Thank you...as someone who used to spend a lot of time at Enworld and RPGNet...let's just say that the 'tone' here is vastly different, and makes me happy to be here....my questions may eventually get tiresome, but you folks have been great....heading to the thread mentioned.

This thing is awesome...I'm now happily double-clicking in the skills. I still can't do the ability bonuses...but I think that has to do with the fact that True20 has no ability bonuses...the score IS the bonus..so I'll need to fiddle a bit. But the skills were the main issue, and they're sorted.

Thanks again,
    JT

It takes a bit of work to get it all going with the double-click feature. Basically, you need to find every field that you want to double-click on in the XML files, and add an onDoubleClick handler that creates a roll.

Another part that probably makes it a little more confusing is that rulesets are built using template inheritance. This means that you can define a template for fields that behave similarly, and then simply reference that field multiple times to build up a character sheet.

Find a nice text editor that can do multi-file search. (I use Textpad.) Then, search for 'onDoubleClick', since that is the event handler for double-clicking on any field.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information