DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Error

Error

So I'm reworking GoOrange's SWSE ruleset. It's a reskin at the moment, will get more involved later. However, I've run into a snag.

The original ruleset lacked a 'notes' shortcut for the GM screen. This wasn't a major issue in my book, just something I wanted to rectify should time allow. So I found the desktop_classes.xml, about line 100, for GMshortcuts. A little further down I found playershortcuts. I copied the player shortcut for notes, pasted it under the GMshortcuts section, redid the numbers so it would fit where I wanted it on the screen, and was happy.

Test the program, there's the shortcut. Access the shortcut, and I get my notes screen. Same as the player client.

Problem is, on the GM client only, I am unable to make a new note! The player client can, quite easily. But the GM client doesn't work. Press the 'new' button, the button 'activates', but no notes screen appear.

I can edit notes already made. I just can't make my own.

Any help?

As a quick followup ...

When viewing the utiliti_notes.xml document, near the very end, I see this string:

<script>
    function onButtonPress()
    Interface.requestNewClientWindow(class[1], window.getDatabaseNode().getNodeName());
    end
    </script>

I don't know nuthin' about coding, really, but I wonder if the '.requestNewClientWindow' means the GM can't do so? (I've got it in my head, don't know why, that there's a difference between how the player (client) and GM (host) programs are run. Not sure though ...

Right, clients have to request new windows be spawned. GMs just open the windows. Try this instead:

Code:
    <script>
    	function onButtonPress()
    		if User.isHost() then
    			Interface.openWindow("note",window.getDatabaseNode().getNodeName());
    		else
    			Interface.requestNewClientWindow(class[1], window.getDatabaseNode().getNodeName());
    		end
    	end
    </script>

Nevermind, solved.

I took a look at how 4e_JPG setup theirs (which is where I got the idea from). In short, they made a separate set of windowclasses, referring to them as 'gm_notelist', etc.

This had more functionality anyway, cause somehow their code can attach the author of the note next to the note itself. Or something.

Anyhow, by editing the reference in 'desktop_classes', from both myself and the player accessing notelist, to the player accessing notelist and myself (the GM) accessing gm_notelist, it is now functional.

I couldn't for the life of me explain what JPG did different in those window classes. Just that it works ;?)

Thanks for reading this far, though

Quote Originally Posted by joshuha
    Right, clients have to request new windows be spawned. GMs just open the windows. Try this instead:

Code:
    <script>
    	function onButtonPress()
    		if User.isHost() then
    			Interface.openWindow("note",window.getDatabaseNode().getNodeName());
    		else
    		end
    	end
    </script>

Very nice! That would have worked well, too.

Thanks for that.

Thread Information