DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Familiar dice

Yesterday SmiteWorks notified WotC about the infringement with a cease and desist demand. WotC seems to have made their record in updating their website. The image was apparently from a "very early design document", which seems to justify the use in WotC's (more accurately, of one of people working for WotC) opinion. (Here is the reference.) Well, this might not be a matter of opinion...

It's of course good that they reacted quickly, but taking and giving back (after considerable use) is not quite the same as not taking in the first place.

As we noted elsewhere, we are very surprised that Wizards of the Coast, whose business heavily involves intellectual property management was so ignorant on intellectual property rights that it chose to take distinctive graphics directly out of the most prominent head-on competing product.

I can only say that I had a good old chortle to myself, because whilst a serious matter, in the back of my mind I couldn't stop thinking about the reaction at WotC.

Bravo.

I like this snippet at the bottom of the page.

BTW, many of us here think Fantasy Grounds is a very nice product and hope our game table can live up to and exceed the standard it has set.
    That is a pretty good quote IMHO. I am appalled at what WOTC did through sheer neglect. I hope that it isnt a representation of what to expect from their actual product. If that was an alpha screen though what does that say about their progress when all of the other screen are from the same build?

I wish them luck though, competition is normally good for the end user

You should steal their light source idea. Then we'd be really pimp. Heh.

Well, they DID give everybody D20...

Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPilot
    As much as I'm done with the whole D20 thing, you have to admit without d20 and the SRD, I doubt FG would have become what it is today.

I'm very happy with what they have made it into. I remember the early days, couldn't achieve what I wanted shelved it and came back to find that FG2 has enabled me more than I actually hoped for.

Good job SW and keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPilot
    What, you mean the system used by Dragon Warriors in the 1980s?
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

We should totally put that quote from wizards all over the page with titles like "This is what wizards think of our product" and then that. brilliant.

Then SmiteWorks should say: "And we will exceed whatever you exceed by a factor of 10!"
    "Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will."
    - Jonathan Edwards

Click here for the latest nWoD ruleset release.

What ever happened to the DND VTT? Have they released it yet? I stopped following it once 4th edition came out and I hated it.

Thread Information