5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Hmm, I think there is an M&M ruleset out there ... have you tried searching on these forums?

Foen

Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    Hmm, I think there is an M&M ruleset out there ... have you tried searching on these forums?

Foen

I have. Ive checked back in here and at 4UM periodically over the past couple years to look for it. The story is always the same...theres a lot of interest, some project or other always gets "started", but in the end nothing ever comes of it. Or at least, no fruits of the project ever get posted anywhere.

I would do it myself, but while I understand the graphical end of FG to an acceptable degree, I don't find this aspect of FG accessible enough for the non XML inclined...and I literally don't have time to learn such a broad skillset for such a one-off project.

Honestly, now that Hero Lab has a M&M ruleset and some handy GM tools like a Combat tracker, I dont need it from the GM point of view so much...but it would be nice to have some sort of non-generic char sheet in FG itself for internal reference.
    Last edited by Cyjack; June 23rd, 2008 at 23:08.

I'm pretty sure that there was an M&M campaign going on earlier this year (I think they were using a d20-based M&M ruleset), and the campaign was being published in the Legends guild forums (www.legendsguild.co.uk).

Foen

I'm pretty sure that there was an M&M campaign going on earlier this year (I think they were using a d20-based M&M ruleset), and the campaign was being published in the Legends guild forums (www.legendsguild.co.uk).

Foen
    Thanks for that...most of the links appear to have been dead for close to an year now, but maybe I'll get lucky if I email someone.

I'd like to see DA do a G.U.R.P.S. ruleset. With hex grid and all. I'd buy that.
    Play? Y DM? N Days: 7 days a week Time: Mornings EST(GMT -5)

Seconding GURPS here. It is an excellent system that gets WAY too little love.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I believe Steve Jackson games are pretty protective of their IP and probably wouldn't allow it. Kevin from DA may have even approached them at one point.

Sorry to pour water on your flames, but the underlying FG2 engine only supports square grids not hex. So GURPS is doable, but not with a hex grid.

Foen

Sorry to pour water on your flames, but the underlying FG2 engine only supports square grids not hex. So GURPS is doable, but not with a hex grid.

Foen
    So it would involve Smiteworks getting involved and perhaps having GURPS as the generic ruleset (along with hex grid) AND an advanced 3.5 ruleset. Now that you put it that way Foen how can I disagree

Note: Hero > GURPS

Maybe a hex-grid option for 2.1? And scriptable tokens?
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thread Information