FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Still have any openings for players?

Hi Robin - I just sent an e-mail to your [email protected] but with my luck yahoo's servers might very well "eat" my e-mail so I thought I'd repost here, so if you're getting this message twice my apologies! Coming up with a detailed character concept is no problem but first just wanted to double check and make sure all the player slots haven't been filled already ... My e-mail address is [email protected].

And I agree with what's been said before, I am in awe of the enormous amount of detail and work you've put into this - great job!

Being a stay at home dad (my wife's a pharmacist) with a laptop (I just set it up and keep one eye on the kids while I'm gaming ) ... I'm available pretty much any day of the week, Sunday, Tuesday, whatever works out for you. I'm familiar with FG since I was playing it for several months until my poor DM had to bow out due to time constraints ....

I'm big on the "role playing out your character's personality" part of the game but I don't do the "hogging the limelight" thing other players are prone to sometimes e.g. expecting the spotlight to be on me at all times - I try to play my character in such a way as to encourage others to get into role playing their PC's personalities too, but not in a confrontational "start fights with other PC's" kind of way - that's a bit unhealthy for gaming groups in general (laughs) ... from my experience over the past 24 years as both a player and DM there are two very important things that make an RPG great - 1) doing a good job of role playing your character's personality in such a manner as to make the game more fun for both your fellow players and DM and 2) playing nice with other kids in the sandbox ! (chuckles)... trying to be as cooperative as possible with both players (and the DM) in other words, arguments just mess everything up....

Openings.

Thus far, the only solid slot taken is by Worsted with his Monk...so by all means... post your concept. We keep it up and everybody will be avalible at any time on Sunday...gotta go work now. but looking forward to seeing what is here when I get home.

On Sunday's timewise for me, I'd rather sleep in until noon (EST) since it's my one day of rest and recovery. Other then that I am free throughout the day. I suppose ideal time is 4pm EST onwards.

I'm still deciding on my character. Seeing the ones already picked helps me narrow down what is needed. No sense in having two of the same chars. I'll try to decide something tonight and post here.

- Q

It starts to form.

Alright, so waiting till about 12 at least (assuming Q is on EST) ... which would be wise as the time difference would make that about 9am for the Californina/West Coast Player....so afternoons...alright, let's see what else we can narrow down.
    *celebrates what movement there is*

Robin I'm thinking I better e-mail you directly with my character concepts - they are so incredibly long (but not boring I hope, don't want to put you to sleep :P ) I'm not sure I want to bog everyone else down with a long winded description of my character .... you'll probably see from reading it that I'm definitely into the role playing your character's persona out aspect of the game ... let me know if you got the e-mail please?

Also - and forgive me for the lack of a brain - from what I'm reading here it's been decided the game will be on Sundays? Not a problem at all for me but just wanted to confirm...

Oh also forgot to mention , I'm also in the Eastern time zone (Florida, USA to be more specific ) ... I'll post a (MUCH more abbreviated than what I e-mailed you Robin don't want to bore the other players to death :P ) character concept for everyone else on FG to see here once I come up with one you approve ...

I REALLY need to think everything through first and post one reply instead of several one right after the other ...

One other thought Robin - maybe we should give it a few more days (at your discretion) but if we don't get more replies by then I'll volunteer to hunt through FG's forum and start e-mailing all the players who put up a bulletin saying " Hey I'm looking for a game to join " if you like ... could be they're newbies and it hasn't occurred to them to do the reverse (that is check FG instead for DM's looking for new players) ...

Update and Face to Face

Planning a face to face and character Creation Time starting Sunday April 27th at about 10am EST and lasting until 10pm where as I will have the Table Open for players to come in and chat with me about the world, their characters, and what they would like to do.
    This will NOT be a game day, however it will give you all a chance to see me in the system and perhaps speed us though any delays that might occur due to tech problems or if you decide that you just don't like me. It will also give players a chance to interact and see if you want to co-op on your backgrounds (I am all for some of the party already knowing each other somehow...it makes the introduction stage run soo much more smoothly)

In fact... I will now open the table (Time here is 7:30pm on Saturday the 26th) to begin preparing things... feel free to join at the Alias:: huge roll epic quill ::

Feel free to drop on by.

-Robin Shirewood: AKA the Nameless Bard.

interested but

My wife and I are very interested in joining your campain if you plan on running games on sundays. However, due to a current finacial sittuation, we will not be able to start for another three weeks. Additionaly, I will be working every other sunday, so I would only be able to play every other sunday. If this is something we can work out send me a pm so that we can hash out a workable schedual, and discuss race/ class options.
    Thanks.

Open Board

The game board is up and ready for whoever would like to chat.....same Alias as last night.

Also, a couple of changes.

-Time has been set for Sundays starting at about 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time and lasting for as long as the players are willing.

-Point buy for stats is now 34 rather than 30.

-Players starting Place will be Truce rather than Calin as previously Advertised

-Thus far, 3 players slots have been taken

Worsted Cronch: Lycian Monk
    Ques: Dwarven Fighter
    Andre: Paladin (I'm assuming human, tell me if I'm wrong)

At least 2 spaces left open...come on to the board and solidify your place now.
    Alias is :: huge roll epic quill ::

Come on and don't be shy.

Thread Information