DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    My Item is Pending Approval

    Hi,

    I have generated two new items for the Forge and I believe I have submitted all the information required. The images have been been approved, but the items themselves are still showing as pending approval. How long does it normally take to get them approved so they can be activated in the Forge?

    The items are a ruleset and a module for Battletech: A Time of War and were uploaded just over a week ago. The ID numbers generated are:

    ef1dbf74-29b3-11ef-af21-0050562be458
    9f7bb97e-2a1e-11ef-af21-0050562be458

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    All forge submissions need to be reviewed manually. Once they are approved you will be notified.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

    How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

    How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

    Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

    Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

    Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

    Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    All forge submissions need to be reviewed manually. Once they are approved you will be notified.
    Thanks for the info. I wanted to see what the process was before I started jumping up and down about it unnecessarily.

    I'll wait for the review and the notification.

  4. #4
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    17,524
    Blog Entries
    9
    I know the developer newsletter often states that if anyone has been waiting for approval for 2 weeks or more to contact them. Rulesets probably take a lot more effort and time than other things.

    Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

  5. #5
    That's good to know, thanks.

  6. #6
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,181
    Blog Entries
    21
    Hey Brotherkelly,

    We normally approve stuff that is straightforward right away. We are discussing your submissions internally because of considerations around copyright and Intellectual Property. The word Battletech would be a registered trademark. While game rules are not protected by copyright, other content would be.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Hey Brotherkelly,

    We normally approve stuff that is straightforward right away. We are discussing your submissions internally because of considerations around copyright and Intellectual Property. The word Battletech would be a registered trademark. While game rules are not protected by copyright, other content would be.
    Ah, didn't think about that. I hope this doesn't cause you too many headaches. I could always look to call the ruleset something different.

  8. #8
    Would changing the title to 'A Time if War ruleset - free conversion' help? I can also change the graphic linked to the module.

    Also, I can remove the reference to Battle tech from the ruleset description.

    Anything to help with the submission review.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,181
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Would changing the title to 'A Time if War ruleset - free conversion' help? I can also change the graphic linked to the module.

    Also, I can remove the reference to Battle tech from the ruleset description.

    Anything to help with the submission review.
    Yes. I rejected it and added some comments to change the name to a non trademarked name. Also, I would like to see something in the description explaining what data is contained in the module and how that is allowed without violating copyright. Traditionally, game rules themselves are not protected content, but person, places, and names are protected -- along with images, logos, brands.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Log in

Log in