Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is working fine on the player side in the PFRPG2 ruleset when creating an eidolon for a summoner PC - using virtually the same code you're using @darrenan. Let me investigate why the PFRPG2 code is working and yours isn't. I think the documentation regarding the second and third parameters may be a bit misleading...
    Thanks. I've tried setting those parameters to "charsheet" and "name" as most of the examples I see are doing. It makes no difference. The big thing here that's different from other rulesets is that character creation is being triggered via a button on a record window, rather than from the typical charselect_client window. But I wouldn't think that would make any difference.

I wonder if I should move this code to a global script block and call that from the onCreate function? Is the issue that this whole script block is attached to a windowclass?

Yeah, moving the code in onCreate and requestResponse into my global CharacterManager script seems to have made the issue go away. I would be curious if anyone can explain why, but I think I'm unblocked now.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I wonder if I should move this code to a global script block and call that from the onCreate function? Is the issue that this whole script block is attached to a windowclass?
    I think that's worth a test as the PFRPG2 code which is pretty much identical to your code is working and that's within a global script package. Maybe the script scope is different when running within a windowclass.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    So you're saying that the DB. package cannot be used at all the client side? Because that's the error I'm getting:

Attachment 61089
    The DB stuff can totally be used by players but anything that writes to the DB requires permissions.
    Players only own their own charsheet and any notes they create. So they can write to these but not to other records.
    To write to other records you have to use OOBM which then writes as the GM.

Probably nothing new in here to you - just responding to your question in case you were still unsure.

Yeah, moving the code in onCreate and requestResponse into my global CharacterManager script seems to have made the issue go away. I would be curious if anyone can explain why, but I think I'm unblocked now.
    I think the issue is due to the parentcontrol.window.close() command which will close the script scope container where your code is running? As User.requestIdentity is asynschronous, the onCreate function code will continue and close the window, which I assume will close the container for the code, which will lead to unexpected results.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

duh, I didn't think of that but you're absolutely right. <facepalm/>

Thread Information