Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP: 4-6 Players - D&D 5e - Weds 7pm EST - a bastardized Rage of Demons + other stuff

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5E
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
    Day of week and time: Wednesdays, 7pm - 11pm.
    Planned start date: Session Zero - Weds, 5/29/2024 - if players come together fast. If not, then next week, 6/5
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour Session, Weekly
    Term: Long term Campaign
    Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay / Combat / Exploration mix: 45/45/10 -ish

I do my best to incorporate at least one combat and one ”social” role-play encounter per session with some exploration/puzzle solving sprinkled throughout.

Number of Players needed: 4-6

Character Starting Level & Equipment:

PCs will start at Level 1 w/ all standard gear as stated by the PHB for your class/background + a few simple add-ons: TBD

As I genuinely feel 5e can over inflate a PC abilities, this will be a, generally speaking, rare “low magic” world. Don’t expect to see any +1 stuff much before lvl 5, +2 stuff >lvl 7, +3 >lvl 10

Restricted Races: In the spirit of the OSR, only the following core races are going to be permitted for your starting primary PC(s):

Dwarf - Duergar/Grey Dwarf will need a discussion before being approved
    Elf - Dark Elf/Drow will need a discussion before being approved. No Sea Elves, don’t even ask
    Gnome - Deep Gnome/Svirfneblin will need a discussion before being approved
    Half-Elf
    Halfling
    Half-Orc
    Human

All other races/subraces are restricted for primary PCs

Restricted Classes: Artificers. Nope. Don’t even ask.

Details of the campaign and scenario:

I’m offering to start-up and run a long-term campaign that is an amalgamation of the Rage of Demons, Lost Tales of Myth Drannor, Tales from the Yawning Portal and a bunch of homebrew stuff as well.

Consider it as a mainly a linear adventure w/ a little bit of sandboxing ability and a few one-off, “break-in-the-action” style sidebar adventures tossed in the mix.

The Basic Campaign Set-up:

The adventuring begins in the year 1491 DR and takes place around the southern Moonsea & northern Cormanthor regions of Faerûn, east of Hillsfar in the village of Elventree, where a recent string of strange occurrences has the locals on edge.

The five factions have gathered on the borders of Cormanthor to determine what's exactly been happening…

About me and who I’m looking to play with:

Though I’m not a pro DM (nor do I care to be), I have been a D&D enthusiast, player & DM since 1977 and I’ve been playing and DMing games using FGU since 2020. I welcome both rookie and veteran players alike.

In terms of play style, I’m looking for a socially friendly group of mature people preferably >21y/o and who’re not too hardcore about official “rules and regulations” but are into a little role play, crushing some critters and good times!

I have zero tolerance for bullies, cheaters, meta gamers, rules lawyers, whiners, power gamers &/or spotlight hogs.

If you qualify for or self identify as any of these types of players, this is not the campaign for you and I don’t want ya around, so please move along.

Oh! Though not a deal breaker, I would also greatly prefer if you have never played any of the Rage of Demons, Lost Tales of Myth Drannor and/or Tales from the Yawning Portal modules as a lot of this content has been incorporated into the campaign.

Thanks and I’m lookin’ forward to rollin’ some pixels with ya!

Cool Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    Cool Idea
    Thanks Wytch!

It's nice to meet you and have you on board!

Are you planning a Session 0, or a discussion via Discord? The campaign sounds interesting, and I would be interested in talking to you about it. Thanks.

Most definitely!

Info, date and time are up in the original post

PM sent too

Quote Originally Posted by Plague 63 View Post
    Are you planning a Session 0, or a discussion via Discord? The campaign sounds interesting, and I would be interested in talking to you about it. Thanks.
    Last edited by BigMacDaddy; May 28th, 2024 at 03:43.

I would be interested in joining your campaign. Long time player/DM and have never played these adventures. The timing works great for me as well.

Awesome!

PM sent too...

Quote Originally Posted by 7he Phoenix View Post
    I would be interested in joining your campaign. Long time player/DM and have never played these adventures. The timing works great for me as well.
    Last edited by BigMacDaddy; May 28th, 2024 at 03:44.

as I have never played those adventures or within the Faerun setting, I am interested

Quote Originally Posted by lanestone View Post
    as I have never played those adventures or within the Faerun setting, I am interested
    Great!

I'm sending you a PM now.

Is there a spot open? I'd like to play.

Thread Information