STAR TREK 2d20

Power Armor Autmations Question

Hi,

During my last session, my players encountered a power armored raider, and I have some questions about how the power armor is being used/applied during damage rolls. I have gone into a test campaign and made some outrages damage rolls in order to show what I was seeing as clearly as possible.

So, for the example, I have a BOS Paladin vs an Assaultron. For the purpose of the issue, we will only be rolling damage against the BOS Paladin, and all attacks will target the torso.

In the first roll, we have a total of 14 damage from the dice value, and what should be an additional 8 damage from the vicious, that brings us to 22 damage, yet none was applied. The PA has Eng DR of 8, and an hp of 17, a total of 25. If my understanding of the rules on PA is right, then no damage to the Paladin is right, but the PA should be reduced by 14.

In the second roll (Note, only the chat window was cleared), I added a significantly more damage dice, 35 for face values, plus 14 for vicious totaling 49, and in this case, it was 41 made it through. As you can see in the second screenshot, all 41 went into the BOS Paladin, killing him. The DR of 8 was applied, but non of the HP was used, so for this instance, it feels like something is off. If, some where the Ruleset is keeping up with the PA hp in the background, it should have reduced the damage to the Paladin by at least another 3, making the amount the paladin takes only 38. If the Ruleset is not keeping up with the HP of PA in the background, then the damage to the paladin should have been 24.

I have done other testing as well, but these two examples sum up the issue, in some rolls, it seems like the PA hp is being applied, then other times is seems like it is not, and even if the PA HP is being handled in the background, it is not consistent.

Before I report this as a bug, I want to make sure I am using the PA on NPCs, and eventually my PCs correctly, and that I am understanding how the Ruleset is handling them. Anyone else dealt with PA in their games yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I pushed a fix for this. The damage matrix was not visible for NPCs. I added that back in and made it available under the abilities tab (which should be renamed to defense.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I pushed a fix for this. The damage matrix was not visible for NPCs. I added that back in and made it available under the abilities tab (which should be renamed to defense.
    Thanks Superteddy57!

When will this fix go out to FGU. I got an update today, but still having the same issue.

I pushed it when I posted. It should be available under the shield icon for the npc record.
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 2nd, 2024 at 15:08.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

In the combat tracker. ::facepalm:: I don't why but I was looking for this in the npc record window. Two other questions, I don't have this same shield icon for an ally NPC, should it be for there. For a PC, the armor wounds are being handled on the character sheet, but I just tossed some dice, and the damage was 23, DR was 8, PA hp is 21. It applied 21 damage to the PA, and then applied 6 more damage to the character, but the chat window showed no damage done.

Edit: Its doing the same on NPCs as well.

Hang on, it seems to be working now. I restarted FGU again, and now the math is checking out normally for NPCs, and PCs.

For an ally, it is not reducing the PA hp, but otherwise it is working.

Anything to do with the PC or it's allies should be run from their respective sheets by the player. That's been the design philosophy for most rulesets and their sheet should have it setup like the player's sheet and have more detail than the NPC.

You would need to provide the steps to replicate it on my end for the damage as with my testing the damage is coming out correct. Without seeing it in action I won't know where it broke down.

Screenshot from 2024-05-02 10-26-38.png
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Got you. I we should be able to manually handle that for now until the matrix is added. Thanks for working on this!

It's actually there if you click on the attacks button in the combat tab. It is however not adding in the damage as you report. Still going to look this over and see why it's not factoring the damage for the ally.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information