5E Character Create Playlist

Multiple maps have gone black

About to bring players out from the Dungeon of the Dead Three into the Batthouse above and the map/image is completely black for me as the GM. I show walls, so I know I am looking at the right area. I have played with masking, lighting, walls, layers, and every button under the sun and cant see anything other than (at BEST) my red, yellow, and blue lines that show where the walls are at. I have brought over player tokens to try to "see through their eyes" but that proves no better. Is this a known issue? Any advice on how to see my map again?

Can you specify what module you are talking about and what ruleset? I can't find Dungeon of the Dead Three in the store.

If I had to guess I'd say that the module images have been updated and the names have changed. Try right clicking on the map name in the image list and select revert changes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacc ... This is in 5E and this is my own image that was working fine months ago before my players moved to the area underneath this bathhouse and now return to the surface. This is all content in the Descent into Avernus adventure, but I am using my own map for most of the content instead of the bland maps that come with the adventure itself. Again, this was working fine a few months ago. The only differences since then have been that I am on a new laptop but all my images, tokens, etc were pulled over from the old laptop in the folder structure that existed there.
    Last edited by ndjester; April 28th, 2024 at 21:53.

Further, I did try to right-click on the line for the image record in "Images" and there is no revert button.

If it's your own map then there won't be a revert button. Did you use the same name for the map as the one in the module? The module maps have been changed to .webp so FG will be looking for a .jpg file. If your map is the same name then may be looking for the original map - which no longer exists. You may be able to export the metadata for your map and then rename your map and the .xml file and then reimport into FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The map is named quite differently from the one that comes with the adventure. I did try to be careful with such things. Here is an image if it is at all useful .... FantasyGrounds_zHSTww2n76.png

I do now notice that somehow one of the maps "Frolicking Nymph Bathhouse 2" has the right image but the walls are on the image "Frolicking Nymph Bathhouse"; would love to be able to move the walling over to the other image (despite how this possibly may have happened), but I dont know if there is way.

Also, the "Players-bathhouse" map that comes with the adventure/mod also shows blackness where the actual map should be .... so this isnt just my stuff ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ndjester; April 28th, 2024 at 22:50.

Yes, I would expect the map in the module to show black because it has changed. Right clicking on the name in the image and selecting revert changes should solve that. As for your map it looks like the name has changed. So on the map which is black but has the walls right click on the main layer and select export metadata. This will create an xml file with the same name as the map. Place this file in a folder (the images folder inside the campaign is fine) and place the other image in the same place. Rename the xml file so it is exactly the same as the image name. Now import that image into the campaign. If the image is in the campaign already delete it from the image list first before you import it again.

Please make a copy of your campaign first before you change anything in case things don’t go as planned so you can revert to it if necessary.

Thread Information