STAR TREK 2d20

Locked Records - Identified / Not Identified

Was it always the case that locked records didn't have an Identified / Not Identified toggle?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    Was it always the case that locked records didn't have an Identified / Not Identified toggle?
    Do you mean read only? If they are locked and read only, then no you can't change anything on them, other than share status.

Because locked records can be ID'd currently.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Do you mean read only? If they are locked and read only, then no you can't change anything on them, other than share status.

Because locked records can be ID'd currently.
    Yes, sorry I meant Read Only... Did you use to be able to? Did it change in 4.5?

Yes, sorry I meant Read Only... Did you use to be able to? Did it change in 4.5?
    I don't remember you able to edit Read Onlys.

NO, read only files are just that - read only. You can't edit them. When an item or NPC is added to a parcel or encounter they become copies and you can edit those; maybe that's what you are thinking of.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for all the replies. I think you are all correct, but I realized why I thought there might have been a change....

I've been recently showing more images to players from Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and was surprised in the moment that I couldn't make them un-ID'd. All the monster images in those books are read-only. This is not true for the Monster Manual and (m)any of the adventure books.

I guess my real question turns out to be: Are the images in VGTM and MTOF supposed to be read-only?

WotC discontinued sales of those two products in May 2022, and replaced with Monsters of the Multiverse. Those modules still use an old data and image formats which mark the data as read-only.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information