DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

localhost grapple

guys help. i had no issues with localhost till a few weeks ago. now i cant even join a cloud game on my pc with my laptop. AUTHORIZATION FAILED LICENCE KEY CONFLICT.

and localhost just hangs when i try to connect two laptops on the same wireless.

i reset my main pc a couple of weeks ago and re installed FGU, could you give me a checklist or something of all the port forwarding and firewall stuff i have to do to get this working. im supposed to be running an irl game tonight and i wanted a localhost to show pushed images on a big screen.

HELP.

cheers
    Last edited by flashingturtle; April 22nd, 2024 at 09:39.

Quote Originally Posted by flashingturtle View Post
    guys help. i had no issues with localhost till a few weeks ago. now i cant even join a cloud game on my pc with my laptop. AUTHORIZATION FAILED LICENCE KEY CONFLICT.

and localhost just hangs when i try to connect two laptops on the same wireless.

i reset my main pc a couple of weeks ago and re installed FGU, could you give me a checklist or something of all the port forwarding and firewall stuff i have to do to get this working. im supposed to be running an irl game tonight and i wanted a localhost to show pushed images on a big screen.

HELP.

cheers
    If i remember correctly, that error has nothing to do with port forwarding, firewall and so on: it means that there are two computers running FGU with the same licence key.
    You said you reset your "main PC" a couple of weeks ago, do you run FGU on more than one PC? If so, do you have more than one instance of FGU running at the same time (e.g. one on your laptop and one on your desktop PC)? If that's the case, you need to remove the licence from one of the two

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    If i remember correctly, that error has nothing to do with port forwarding, firewall and so on: it means that there are two computers running FGU with the same licence key.
    You said you reset your "main PC" a couple of weeks ago, do you run FGU on more than one PC? If so, do you have more than one instance of FGU running at the same time (e.g. one on your laptop and one on your desktop PC)? If that's the case, you need to remove the licence from one of the two
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply. i tried connecting with the demo version and it didnt work. i read you have to have a licence now or something so i logged in with my only account and tried to localhost on a laptop on wireless.

are you saying i need a second account and a second licence to localhost and stuff? i thought that was the whole point of the ultimate licence.?

ill log out on one and try again

are you saying i need a second account and a second licence to localhost and stuff? i thought that was the whole point of the ultimate licence.?
    No, you don't need a second account and a second licence!

You can use the same account on multiple machines without problems - but you can have your Ultimate Licence active on only one machine running at a time.
    The point of the Ultimate licence has little to do with localhost connections, it's so that anyone with a demo or standard licence can join your game.

In short: if you have TWO COMPUTERS running FGU at the same time, make sure that one only has the LICENCE activated. Licence does not mean account: you can use the same account on both. It's the LICENCE that you can't share.

so i can run the localhost with the same username and password? its downloading all my modules even without a licence key

so i can run the localhost with the same username and password?
    Yes

If all you want is to connect to your own game locally, you can always run a second instance of FGU from the same computer where you're running the host.

If you need to use 2 computers instead, see the following picture of Fantasy Grounds settings:

The part in the BLUE BOX, you can use it in both computers.
    The part in the RED BOX, you have to input it only in the host computer (the one you will use as DM). Do NOT input it in the computer that you will use as guest (as player)
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok its the same result. it just hangs, normally loacalhost connects really quick. and connecting to cloud gives me authorisation failed licence key conflict. idk wtf is going on. it was working a few weeks ago, and i reset my pc, now i cant even get 2 laptops to connect to each other, when im hosting on a laptop thats been fine and hasnt been reset. URGH

Blog Entries
    localhost is like "me".
    Your me is different to my me.

localhost refers to the SAME computer
    If you cannot connect a second instance on the GM computer to localhost since your "reset" then you have a firewall issue on the GM computer.

Using localhost on another computer will do nothing. It will be trying to connect to itself.
    Remove the license key (you can stay logged in) and rerun the update.
    Then connect to the cloud server.

Thread Information