DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Moving a map from one campaign to another campaign in Fantasy Grounds Unity

I am in need of some help in getting this to work. I've read several older threads about this, but haven't been able get the hang of it apparently.

I have a map of Phandolin in one campaign that I imported, then added some assets to it via layers. I have a second campaign set in the same timeline and want to use the same map with the changes I made. I have the same original map file that I used in the first campaign loaded into the second campaign. I've exported the metadata for each layer that was added to the first map and saved it in the images file in the new campaign, but I can't figure out how to get them to associate to the new map. Any help you can give me with how to complete this process would be greatly appreciated. I'm adding some screenshots so you can see what I've done and provide correction/guidance.

Original map.JPG
    File location in new campaign.JPG
    Map in new campaign.JPG

Exporting the metadata only exports the line of sight occluders and lighting (and there is only one metadata file and you export it from the main layer). To use the exported metadta you need to have the xml file from the export and the file that is associated with it in the same folder and both the xml and the image must have the same name. When you then import the image into another campaign the occluder information comes with it. You'll need to export the map to a module if you have added paint layers; this should export the details of the layers that you have added and link to the assets used as well as export the LoS and lighting. See here for more on exporting https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...#Module-Export.

Once in a module you can use the map in any other campaign by finding it in assets or opening the module and using the image from there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok. So, if I understand correctly, I need to create a module in the old campaign and include the image (map) in that module, then export the module to the new campaign and access the image that way. Do I have that correct?

Blog Entries
    Yes, with the understanding that you do not export the module to a campaign. You export it to your FG modules folder (default behavior). And then you simply open the module via Modules > Activation.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

After opening the mod in the new campaign, you can then make a copy of that image in the new campaign. You can then do any new updates and make yet another mod for a another campaign, if needed.

Thread Information