5E Character Create Playlist

Request: Custom Mask-removal tool

If anyone has already created a module that does this, I would really appreciate it.

I'm looking for a way (perhaps a key-press, like Shift) to make the unmasking tool draw in a straight line, horizontally or vertically.

If such a thing exists, or is possible, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

The masking function is hardcoded in FG and not configurable, unfortunately. Hopefully, the devs are planning to add more versatile masking tools to an upcoming version.

Until then, however, my recommendation is to take advantage of the straight line that FG uses to connect the ending point of the unmasking region back to the starting point. If you do it right, you can have this straight line run along walls and other straight boundaries on your map when you unmask a region.

If you're doing a four-walled room, then of course this means you have to unmask the room in four steps, one for each wall. Just put the cursor on one corner of the room, click and drag the boundary out into the room and end on the next corner. Rinse and repeat for each wall.

Thanks for the tip. I'm teaching a friend of mine how to use the GM client, and he really takes exception to the mask tool. I'll have him try that.

Thread Information