5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Darkness Not Completely Immersive?

Hi all,

I am going to give a good guess that I am perhaps not executing this right. But I am about to engage one of my parties into a combat in magical darkness (yes, some enemies have devil's sight). Immersively, I can give the "darkness caster" the "Darkness" effect that is resident within FGU, which I believe shuts down vision for those within the radius, but they can still see the other players' (in the party) icons knowing "where they are". Is this intentional? Am I missing some button to make it so that all they see is blackness while in the radius of the darkness spell? If there is no way to do this, I may just make a bunch of maps of the room and surrounding area and places them all on the same image and have the characters in different "instances", but I would prefer not to manage all that overhead, as fun as that may be to try.

I suppose I could also make multiple layers of the same room and have different players see only the layer they are on, but I have no idea how to do that and would probably mess it up

What *SHOULD* players be able to see on their version of the image when they are in the radius of a darkness spell?
    Last edited by ndjester; April 5th, 2024 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by ndjester View Post
    Hi all,

I am going to give a good guess that I am perhaps not executing this right. But I am about to engage one of my parties into a combat in magical darkness (yes, some enemies have devil's sight). Immersively, I can give the "darkness caster" the "Darkness" effect that is resident within FGU, which I believe shuts down vision for those within the radius, but they can still see the other players' (in the party) icons knowing "where they are". Is this intentional? Am I missing some button to make it so that all they see is blackness while in the radius of the darkness spell? If there is no way to do this, I may just make a bunch of maps of the room and surrounding area and places them all on the same image and have the characters in different "instances", but I would prefer not to manage all that overhead, as fun as that may be to try.

I suppose I could also make multiple layers of the same room and have different players see only the layer they are on, but I have no idea how to do that and would probably mess it up

What *SHOULD* players be able to see on their version of the image when they are in the radius of a darkness spell?
    In Settings there is a Party Vision option, turn that off. You could test by launching another instance of FG and joining your game to actually see what the players see.

Do you have "Token: Party vision and movement" set to off or on? If it is set to off then they should only see their own token. If set to on then they will see all the other party tokens.

Thank you both! I will investigate to see what works best ... appreciate it!

Thread Information