DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I just searched online, figured out that map was in RotF, loaded that module, opened that map, sized up once, used zoom to fit, and reloaded. This is what I got.

JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I fixed the issue with the exact issue identified in the very concise steps provided by @Ecks.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post713442

If there is a specific case that still doesn't work, I still need concise, specific steps and the same data to recreate. Simple 1/2/3/4 types of concise steps work the best with no editorial.

For example, I have no idea what exact steps you followed when opening that map, nor even what module that map comes from or whether it's a custom map.

Regards,
    JPG
    So you ignore my example and description and hand made example campaign and ask me do it all again?

No thanks.

If you can't be bothered to use what I gave to you originally then I'll just live with the bug. The post you evidently utterly ignored...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post713437
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I just brought up that campaign, clicked Zoom to Fit, then /reload. It's restoring just fine after that.
    If you were expecting the previous campaign you posted to work, the window image view state was not saved correctly before; so you have to redo Zoom to Fit, then reload.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

I downloaded that zip and tested it before i gave it to you again.

Im not an idiot of course i did zoom to fill before i exited.

Note carefully, at no time have i used the words zoom to fit in that example.

Fill is not Fit.

If you come back and tell me zoom to fill after coming up in app - exiting - and coming back up does not show the location off then i have no explanation why it consistenly does it for me in this example and other campaigns.

In the scenario I tested; I used the button on the image toolbar with the tooltip "Zoom to Fit", which is the same thing as "Zoom Extents" in the image data panel. The only place I can find a Zoom to Fill option is in the radial menu, which I never use; and most people don't use. I didn't see anywhere mentioned in your notes that you mentioned right click to use Zoom to Fill.

I just tried downloading the campaign fresh, opening the campaign, right clicking and selecting Zoom to Fill, and then reloading. It came up fine.

Maybe try deleting the windowstate.xml in that directory in case it's not updating for some reason?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Note carefully, at no time have i used the words zoom to fit in that example.
    I think maybe the mis-communication is that you twice used "fit to fill" which I don't think is an option in standard FG.

I'd recommend confirming exactly which process you're using, for example: if you're using the "Zoom to fill" (as mentioned by Moon Wizard this is via the right-click "View" menu in the image) or "Zoom to fit" (via the toolbar button or the image right-click "View" menu - please confirm which you're using) or the image edit "Zoom Extents" button or if you're following some other method to "fit to fill" the image. Hopefully this will allow you and Moon Wizard to get on the exact same page which I think is vital in troubleshooting your issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In the example i did use fit to fill as that was what i thought it was doing so i guess that was to confusing a term.

Ill just use pan workaround as that does store the data and let others report FGU bugs as Im just to exhausted trying to figure out and deconstruct/fix all the stuff breaking extensions and general stuff like this and API problems that Ive had to report and rereport some of which im still waiting on a year later.

I suppose I'm no longer able to report things with equanimity as Im getting to irked by it all.

Ill cease and desist my reporting bugs and take a break.

Thread Information