5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How is this still happening where remembered map corrupts location?

I reported this in TEST and gave example campaign and yet this is still happening in my other campaigns where if I have a fitted map up and exit the app with option to remember where the windows were it always comes back in some half assed lost location. Even the shortcut which during the session remembers the fitted map and displays it correctly turning the map off and on gets corrupted by this featured.

Example - imagine this map had map fit to fill and is fully in the window. Now imagine and exiting app and coming back up and in every campaign having your map not show up correctly where you left it. I admit I've not tried turning off the map window before exiting to see if it might not get the location corrupted but really that's not the point.

I can't believe I'm the only one seeing this - yet I hear nobody else complaining. I can't believe its not easily duplicatable - yet having reported it since TEST - there it still is. Do you guys store the full window map location data correctly? Do you do it when things are shutting down before its shut down or only in very special situation (not fitting) that I'm somehow not using?

Gist is this is frustrating given how long this has persisted.

rememberedMaplocationcorrupted.png
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Just for fun I tried to use the navigation left/right/up/down to fit the window then exited - and it gave me even a different result. Something is seriously not right.

rememberedMaplocationcorrupted2.png

And just to be absolutely clear I made of copy of the campaign - turned off all extensions - and the same corrupted map location on exiting and reentering the app still occurs.

I can't replicate this in a new campaign without any extensions. I assume that you open a map and centre it in the image window; exit FG completely then re-open the same campaign. Doing this the map opens exactly where I left it. Can you replicate in a new campaign without extensions - I don't mean just switching off extensions in an existing campaign since those could still corrupt the db.xml file - but a new fresh campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I can't replicate this in a new campaign without any extensions. I assume that you open a map and centre it in the image window; exit FG completely then re-open the same campaign. Doing this the map opens exactly where I left it. Can you replicate in a new campaign without extensions - I don't mean just switching off extensions in an existing campaign since those could still corrupt the db.xml file - but a new fresh campaign.
    Give me a sec I'll create a new campaign with that exact module "Rhime of the FrostMaiden" goblin fort and see what happens.

Same thing. Garbage location. Here is campaign - I created new 5E with LAN and demo for password. When it came up I picked one module "Rhime of the Frostmaiden" not the player one. I think picked the ko... whatever the name of that map is in pictures above. I did a fit to fill - brought up empty CT just so same windows were up. Closed app. Came up - POOF - utter crap location exactly as I showed in first post. You can either duplicate this yourself or try the campaign I just created from scratch.

Either way I can't see how I'm only one getting this in my campaigns. LOS data? Who knows. This one is FGU bought map so its amazing nobody else is seeing this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can recreate, pretty much the same steps. Just create a new 5E campaign, enable "Restore Windows on Start", load 5E RotF, and then open an image from RotF. Then reload the campaign. The image window is restored in the correct place but the top of the image is centered in the window. Opening "Adventure Flowchart" is a good example, first opening of it shows the entire image, but after reload its shifted down halfway. It doesn't seem to happen with all images.

Edit: It seems to remember the location if I pan the image around first using mouse middle click, but if I don't move the image or if I press "Zoom to Fit" then after reload the image position is restored with the top of the map in the middle of the image window. Moving the image with the navigation buttons also doesn't seem to be remembered after reload.
    Last edited by Ecks; April 3rd, 2024 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    I can recreate, pretty much the same steps. Just create a new 5E campaign, enable "Restore Windows on Start", load 5E RotF, and then open an image from RotF. Then reload the campaign. The image window is restored in the correct place but the top of the image is centered in the window. Opening "Adventure Flowchart" is a good example, first opening of it shows the entire image, but after reload its shifted down halfway. It doesn't seem to happen with all images.

Edit: It seems to remember the location if I pan the image around first using mouse middle click, but if I don't move the image or if I press "Zoom to Fit" then after reload the image position is restored with the top of the map in the middle of the image window. Moving the image with the navigation buttons also doesn't seem to be remembered after reload.
    Thanks for the workaround! Pan with middle mouse button does appear to be about the only way for it to remember where the map is.

As I'm still waiting (6 months?) for fix to the Image.addLayerPaintStamp not sizing assets correctly on the map when first placed - I was not holding out much hope of this being fixed anytime in the near future when I need it now for my games. This helps solve that (as long as I remember to middle mouse drag map before exiting map I suppose).

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Thanks for the workaround! Pan with middle mouse button does appear to be about the only way for it to remember where the map is.

As I'm still waiting (6 months?) for fix to the Image.addLayerPaintStamp not sizing assets correctly on the map when first placed - I was not holding out much hope of this being fixed anytime in the near future when I need it now for my games. This helps solve that (as long as I remember to middle mouse drag map before exiting map I suppose).

Thanks.
    Does this "Image.addLayerPaintStamp not sizing assets correctly on the map when first placed" refer to webm stamps? Or, are you seeing this with all paint stamps?

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Does this "Image.addLayerPaintStamp not sizing assets correctly on the map when first placed" refer to webm stamps? Or, are you seeing this with all paint stamps?
    webm - was told "it was on the list" and a bunch of other things till I just gave up asking for it to be fixed as a lost cause.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-unit-scaling

Actually was waiting longer than 6 months... since last July. If I'm to be perfectly accurate on when it was discussed as "on the list to be fixed" then a later comment about it being "impacting only API" so why bother.

Honestly, I gave up on it - why i mentioned it as example here on not holding my breath on fixes on this or the TEST issue I mentioned in here about fitting maps and app corrupting location when it gets put back out there with save window option. It's like giving examples and throwing things into a post is the same as sending it into a file shredder.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 6th, 2024 at 04:57.

Thread Information