FG Spreadshirt Swag

Trouble Placing PCs on maps

So I'm super new to trying to run a campaign for our forever GM and give him the chance to play... He showed me a bunch of things on how to make the campaign work. I ran into a problem he had never seen.

I can place Monsters on the map from the combat tracker just fine but when I drag a player to the map it either freezes or disappears. I tried different images different players and even tried to create a new campaign with only SRD loaded and the problem persists.

For context I'm running a 5e D&D campaign with only the FG Dungeon theme extension.

Thank you for your time I hope its a simple solution and I just couldn't find the answer searching the forums because i didn't know the right keywords

~Sinergy

Hmm, not seeing this on my local campaigns. Can you zip up your campaign folder? (You can either post here; share via OneDrive/GoogleDrive/DropBox (make sure to share with anyone with link); or via a support ticket through Help menu above.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by sinergy View Post
    So I'm super new to trying to run a campaign for our forever GM and give him the chance to play... He showed me a bunch of things on how to make the campaign work. I ran into a problem he had never seen.

I can place Monsters on the map from the combat tracker just fine but when I drag a player to the map it either freezes or disappears. I tried different images different players and even tried to create a new campaign with only SRD loaded and the problem persists.

For context I'm running a 5e D&D campaign with only the FG Dungeon theme extension.

Thank you for your time I hope its a simple solution and I just couldn't find the answer searching the forums because i didn't know the right keywords

~Sinergy
    Are you dragging from the combat tracker or the character records section? Do your characters have tokens or portraits or are they blank? Are you trying to drag a token or the entire character sheet? Freezing can be indicative of a potential data block or something similar. Have you tested for any other connection issues or such? Sometimes a firewall or anti virus can create the conditions for the FG VTT platform to behave this way.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Are you dragging from the combat tracker or the character records section? Do your characters have tokens or portraits or are they blank? Are you trying to drag a token or the entire character sheet? Freezing can be indicative of a potential data block or something similar. Have you tested for any other connection issues or such? Sometimes a firewall or anti virus can create the conditions for the FG VTT platform to behave this way.
    Thank you so much it was the fact that it didnt have a Token. Ok back to creating a world you rock

Laerun is a good dude. =) He taught me everything I know about FG... I gave that same class to Sinergy a few nights ago. =)

Thank you, @Laerun!!
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Quote Originally Posted by merkvah View Post
    Laerun is a good dude. =) He taught me everything I know about FG... I gave that same class to Sinergy a few nights ago. =)

Thank you, @Laerun!!
    Have fun guys!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information