Starfinder Playlist

Lines of sight cheat?

So now im going to learn how to do Line Of Sight. i have watched the videos and i think i got it. that being said is there a cheat sheet out there? i would like the commands written down so i can load them up on my second monitor and can refference them as i work.

Blog Entries
    Check FG Academy. They tend to have things like that.

One word of advice, don't go overboard with nodes. A lot of the community LOS items have way too many nodes, IMO. It impacts performance when you start having many tokens or maps that play becomes a problem. y rule of thumb is never to have a line segment shorter than 1/2 a square in length. Remember, LOS is calculated from the token, and the token is either in the center of a square or along one edge. Very roughly, 1/2 grid.

So no matter how twisty the cave wall, you don't need to match it perfectly, in fact a bit of wall showing is a good thing as it lets people see the walls and understand there is a wall there and it looks rough.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit King View Post
    So now im going to learn how to do Line Of Sight. i have watched the videos and i think i got it. that being said is there a cheat sheet out there? i would like the commands written down so i can load them up on my second monitor and can refference them as i work.
    There aren't really any commands. You select the tools you want to use (wall, window, door etc) and then you select the line style (straight line, rectangle etc); then you click on the first point, move the mouse click on the second point, move, click etc and double click to finish. The only thing that would sort of be a command is hold down SHIFT whilst drawing a line to make it a straight line. It's all covered in videos twenty-nine, thirty, and thirty-one here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Has anyone figured out a way to export XML data from Photoshop to automatically create the LOS? I know things like Dungeon Alchemist have it programmed in to blot out the walls, I'm curious if there is a way to do it, directly from image creation in Photoshop.
    👑 GM for the most Interactive TTRPG show on Twitch, Quests and Cliffhangers.
    📺 Watch Quests and Cliffhangers LIVE every Thursday @ 8pm, Eastern. [Click Here]
    💬 Mention you are from the Fantasy Grounds Forums for Special Treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsCliffGaming View Post
    Has anyone figured out a way to export XML data from Photoshop to automatically create the LOS? I know things like Dungeon Alchemist have it programmed in to blot out the walls, I'm curious if there is a way to do it, directly from image creation in Photoshop.
    Not that I'm aware of. It would require some kind of script to do the conversion.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here is my cheat sheet, I keep it in all my campaigns :
    Arrow Keys to Move

click to make a point, double click to finish

CTRL+Z deletes last point(s) (You can press this multiple times)

CTRL+Y to redo

Delete key deletes a selected point

Backspace removes selected point

Hold Down CTRL will enable/disable Snap depending on whether snap is on or off

Hold SHIFT whilst using the rectangle tool to draw a square

Hold SHIFT whilst using the Ellipse tool to draw a circle

Hold SHIFT whilst tracing a line does 45° increment angles

If you have points selected, the arrow keys will move the points by one grid distance. If you hold CTRL, it will move them by a single unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsCliffGaming View Post
    If you can export or convert a file from Photoshop to a .vtt file then you could use a batch file like the one Dungeondraft use to use. But if you can do that - you could just import the vtt file into FGU.

Thread Information