STAR TREK 2d20

Double monsters when I load Quick Map

When I load a Quick Map from the battle maps I get twice the number of monstes that are called for in the encounter. I am not loading any extensions. I have tested this in multiple campaigns. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance,
    garymichaelduke
    ********** What I Accept, I Teach **********

It is best to provide as much detail and information to help us replicate and see how the issue is produced. Can you provide more details or steps in replicating this issue?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I'm not seeing this. Can you say what ruleset you are using and give steps to reproduce the problem?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quick Map in 5e Campaign

I am using the 5e ruleset in a homebrew campaign. When I bring up an encounter that I have created I first click the button tht loads the enounter into the combat tracker. I then choose the Quick Map for the combat to take place on. After choosing the map I click the Quick Map button. If I have chosen a map that has walls or inaccesible objects the tokens will appear in the center of the mpa top and bottom without regard to the accesability. The PC tokens are the right amount if not in the right place. The monsters however, are doubled.
    I have the same trouble in 2e AD&D. Once the encounter is in the CT the number of monsters is correct. However, when I chosse a Quick Mpa from FGBAttlemaps and hit the Submit button the map loads with double the monsters on the map and double the amount of monsters in the CT.

I hope this helps. I don't mind throwing double the monsters at the PCs. However, I would like the software to run appropriately.

garymichaelduke

Quote Originally Posted by garymichaelduke View Post
    I am using the 5e ruleset in a homebrew campaign. When I bring up an encounter that I have created I first click the button tht loads the enounter into the combat tracker. I then choose the Quick Map for the combat to take place on. After choosing the map I click the Quick Map button. If I have chosen a map that has walls or inaccesible objects the tokens will appear in the center of the mpa top and bottom without regard to the accesability. The PC tokens are the right amount if not in the right place. The monsters however, are doubled.
    I have the same trouble in 2e AD&D. Once the encounter is in the CT the number of monsters is correct. However, when I chosse a Quick Mpa from FGBAttlemaps and hit the Submit button the map loads with double the monsters on the map and double the amount of monsters in the CT.

I hope this helps. I don't mind throwing double the monsters at the PCs. However, I would like the software to run appropriately.

garymichaelduke
    I don't know exactly what you are trying to achieve, but try to click encounter, quick map, then send to the CT. There's a chance you might be sending the encounter to the CT and then building another instance again through the quick maps. I could be wrong, but it sounds like you might be accidentally sending the NPCs twice?
    Last edited by Laerun; April 9th, 2024 at 15:45.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

As Laerun says you are adding the encounter twice; once when you add the encounter to the CT and again when you create the quick map. The idea behind quick map is that you can build an encounter on a map quickly. It's not really meant for something you would prepare in advance of a game but rather something that you might do in the middle of one when the players go off-piste.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I will give it a try to just send the encounter to the map. I will let you know if that is the answer. Thanks for all the help.
    garymichaelduke

Thread Information