STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adding Talent to Sidebar - Error

So I am teaching myself how to play with FG Rulesets. So far it has been a blast. I ran into a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I am sure it is simple.

1. I added "TALENTS" to the sidebar and created a form
    2. I click on the ican and it opens up the box
    Capture.JPG
    3. When I click the green PLUS button to add a record I get the following error:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..n/scripts/campaign_button_new.lua"]:23: createChild: Invalid argument 1

I am sure I missed something basic. Help would be appreciated as I learn.

Daniel.

How have you defined the library aRecord entry for Talents?

Make sure you review the comments and examples in the CoreRPG scripts\data_library.lua file. It's possible you may not have defined a valid entry for aDataMap, but without seeing the code for how you've gone about this we can't be sure.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will do that!

FYI - I used Ruleset Wizard to make the form and added this script. Sorry, I should have included this. It was pre-coffee.

function onInit()

LibraryData.aRecords["talents"]= {
    bExport = True,
    aDatamap = {"talents","reference.talents"},
    asDisplayIcon = {"sidebar","sidebar_down"},
    sRecordDisplayClass = "talents",
    }
    end
    Daniel A George

Well from above it's looking for a declared windowclass named 'talents'. Once you have that setup it should open the window without an error.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I commented it out and I still get the same error "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..n/scripts/campaign_button_new.lua"]:23: createChild: Invalid argument 1"

I made sure the form and library data were lined up

LibraryData.aRecords["talent"]= {
    bExport = True,
    aDatamap = {"talent","reference.talent"},
    asDisplayIcon = {"sidebar","sidebar_down"},
    --sListDisplayClass = "master_talent",
    }

Here is the form

<root>
    <windowclass name="talent">
    <placement>
    <size height="300" width="300" />
    </placement>
    <sizelimits resize="both">
    <hostcontrol />
    </sizelimits>
    <sheetdata>
    <stringfield name="talent_name">
    <bounds>30,9,150,20</bounds>
    <controlline />
    <lineoffset>-2</lineoffset>
    </stringfield>
    <linkfield name="talent_lnk">
    <bounds>4,3,20,20</bounds>
    <description>
    <field>name</field>
    </description>
    <class>talent</class>
    <selfonempty />
    </linkfield>
    <stringfield name="talent_desc">
    <bounds>30,36,150,26</bounds>
    <controlline />
    <lineoffset>-2</lineoffset>
    </stringfield>
    </sheetdata>
    </windowclass>
    </root>
    Daniel A George

I would have to see the full code to give more direct pointers as the windowclass doesn't appear any issues. Other areas might be looking in the console and see if something isn't loading or bad templates.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I really appreciate it. I feel a bit stuck. I attached a link to my dropbox with to my corerpg.pak and HereAfter Fantasy.pak

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/troy6...dfdsjk2if&dl=0
    Daniel A George

The error listed in post #1 is caused by the button code not returning a valid node from window.getDatabaseNode(). Which suggests that the talents list window hasn't been correctly initiated with an underlying database node. I'm not sure what's causing that to occur, and I don't have time to dive into the code.

@augustgames - I don't think asDisplayIcon is a valid variable in the usual CoreRPG based rulesets, is this something specific to the ruleset you're using? Although I don't think this would cause the issue.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 25th, 2024 at 20:55.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by augustgames View Post
    I really appreciate it. I feel a bit stuck. I attached a link to my dropbox with to my corerpg.pak and HereAfter Fantasy.pak

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/troy6...dfdsjk2if&dl=0
    Have you modified CoreRPG or are you using the standard version?

Standard. I have not changed anything.
    Daniel A George

Thread Information