5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Window locking

Window locking

Is there a way i can lock a frame. be it tables, spells etc. i am thinking about locking a frame so my text lines up the way i want it.

Can you provide a picture/clip of what you're talking about? I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Regards,
    JPG

stretch.png

to get my spacing right i have to stretch my frame out a bit. the problem is if i cant lock the frame it gets reset back to default size, thus throwing off my spacing. What i am wundering is can i lock this frame so ity always opens to the size i set

There's no mechanism to "lock" a window to a specific size for users; and windows are specifically designed to allow users to resize them to fit their display and desired desktop layout of windows.

So, I would not depend on adding spacing into a table to try to get it to look a certain way, just add in the columns without spacing at the front. It may look slightly different than how it is published in a book, but that's part of format conversion across platforms.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit King View Post
    stretch.png

to get my spacing right i have to stretch my frame out a bit. the problem is if i cant lock the frame it gets reset back to default size, thus throwing off my spacing. What i am wundering is can i lock this frame so ity always opens to the size i set
    If you size and locate a window it should technically stay this way until you move it or restretch it. If you are constantly moving windows around this might become much more problematic
    Stretch your window frame and size it the way you want. Place the window strategically where you want to view it at. Leave it there, and create a shortcut link, or use the option to save windows location in the options menu.

Don't move the data windows unless you have to. Close or dismiss a given window instead of moving it, if you need the space. Open it again and it should remain as you set it initially. All new data windows will open in the center of your Desktop space until you move it in place.

If you use any extensions there is a slight risk of having the window reset each time you access the record type. An exception to the rule is the character selection data window, it will not retain its size and default to the center of the desktop, regardless, behavior-wise.
    Best of luck..!

Examples:
    https://www.youtube.com/live/uBnqylc...zfnPMsJ6ZC3CyM
    Laerun

Screenshot_20240315_104023_Zoho Social.jpg
    Last edited by Laerun; March 25th, 2024 at 05:30. Reason: Added graphic.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information