5E Character Create Playlist

Can't Set Images to "Unidentified"

I noticed when sharing an image from a monster I can no longer hide the image name by typing in a name and then setting the image to Unidentified. This means the players will see the name of the image - or monster name when I don't want them to or when I want to use a different name.

I noticed two different behaviours between the WotC's Monster Manual and Kobold Press' Creature Codex.

I checked using an Adult Black Dragon out of the Monster Manual. In the monster manual first select the Adult Black Dragon and get the NPC popup, select the Notes Tab and click the image link. If you unlock the image you can put something (ie Big Dragon) in the unidentified box but there is no way to set the image as "unidentified" so the player will see the unidentified name "Black Dragon" instead of the name of the image from the monster manual.

In the Creasure Codex when select an Acid Ant npc and click the Notes Tab and click the Image Link. When you unlock this image there isn't even an "unidentified" text box at the top.

The same appears to be true for map images as well though them are like the monster manual where there is a text box for the unidentified name but no way of setting the image to be "Unidentified".

Blog Entries
    I think this is the same issue as identified a short while ago by Ecks; Image Unidentified Name does not refresh after reverting image record (fantasygrounds.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You need to make a copy of the NPC first (if it is read only); and then unlock it. You can then add the unidentified name and the ID button will be available
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ah, OK but the Creature Codex image doesn't have an unidentified text box though it does have the unidentified toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Ah, OK but the Creature Codex image doesn't have an unidentified text box though it does have the unidentified toggle.
    I don't have that product so I can't check it specifically but if the image is read only then it won't have an identifier box. Only unlocked images that are not read only will have an identifier box; so make sure that the image isn't read only.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This appears to be an issue with the KP Creature Codex, and the way it was built. I've notified Rob2e, who is the DLC developer for this module.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    I noticed when sharing an image from a monster I can no longer hide the image name by typing in a name and then setting the image to Unidentified. This means the players will see the name of the image - or monster name when I don't want them to or when I want to use a different name.

I noticed two different behaviours between the WotC's Monster Manual and Kobold Press' Creature Codex.

I checked using an Adult Black Dragon out of the Monster Manual. In the monster manual first select the Adult Black Dragon and get the NPC popup, select the Notes Tab and click the image link. If you unlock the image you can put something (ie Big Dragon) in the unidentified box but there is no way to set the image as "unidentified" so the player will see the unidentified name "Black Dragon" instead of the name of the image from the monster manual.

In the Creasure Codex when select an Acid Ant npc and click the Notes Tab and click the Image Link. When you unlock this image there isn't even an "unidentified" text box at the top.

The same appears to be true for map images as well though them are like the monster manual where there is a text box for the unidentified name but no way of setting the image to be "Unidentified".
    This should be fixed and updated in the next push (Tuesday).
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Thanks rob2e

Thread Information