STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hiding Images and Map names?

Hi Everyone!

Since the latest updates I've been unable to hide the names of images and maps that I share with my players.

Prior to the update, I would open an NPC, go to the details tab, click the image and then click the little ID in the title bar to hide the name, then share the image.

Since the update I can't seem to figure out how to do this - can anyone point me in the right direction or has this been removed?

If it has been removed... what do you all do to hide the name of the file from the players?

Thanks in advance!!

Blog Entries
    edit: I think there may be a bug, several related reports...
    Last edited by LordEntrails; March 23rd, 2024 at 18:51.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I noticed the same thing last night with an monster image and I just checked in a campaign without any extensions and had the same problem. I'll do a bit more testing, though is there a new way to select Unidentified? It used to be an "ID" toggle right before the Image name.

The ID button has changed. See attached image
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The ID button has changed. See attached image
    Right - and anything I create I can do this, but if the item is from official source material (Such as the DMG) and the entry is read only, the magnifying glass doesn't appear for me.

If I copy the NPC entry and "make it my own" then it appears. Can you see this option on all content or just your own? (I noticed your screeny says Copy which seems to work for me when I do that)

Blog Entries
    If a module is Read Only, then you can not unlock the object to change it's identity. That is by design. Copying it is the intended procedure.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If a module is Read Only, then you can not unlock the object to change it's identity. That is by design. Copying it is the intended procedure.
    Absolutely, and that makes sense - however - for example - I need to hide the title on the image of a Goblin Archer so the players only see a goblin and don't know what it can do kind of thing (if that makes sense?)

That was never a problem until after 4.5.0
    Last edited by mikev18; March 23rd, 2024 at 20:15.

Any NPC from the MM will remain read only until you add it to an encounter or to the combat tracker (or make a copy). This creates a copy of the NPC. If you then use the image link it will be unlocked and you can give it a non id name. Now having said that there doesn't seem to be a way of sharing a non-id'd image from the Pictures and tokens view since it immediately becomes shared when the share icon is clicked. I'm not sure whether that is intended or not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I remember that I originally had set it up to use either the identified or unidentified name of the NPC picture field when shared from the Picture field. I'll have to check whether that's working as intended if you seeing something different.

JPG

I'm also finding its all official content images - When I show a picture of a magic item it has the name of the item right up top - I guess the party can save on identify spells?
    Last edited by mikev18; March 24th, 2024 at 16:57.

Thread Information