Starfinder Playlist

Installing Replacement FGU - Resolved!

This morning, my computer lost it's mind and wiped almost everything out, including FGU, I found my License Key with no problem, but when I attempt to Install the FGU but since I have existing campaigns, I clicked on the This Thread link, and I don't know if it's just my brain not functioning, but I can't make heads or tales of the instructions in the thread. Can somebody help a totally frazzled old man out?
    Last edited by redjacobson; March 25th, 2024 at 00:16. Reason: Changing Title to Show Issue Resolved

Blog Entries
    What thread? There is no link in your post.

In general, what you want to do is copy what you have left of your FG Data directory. Put it in a safe place. You might have put this someplace special, but the default Windows location is; C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds

Install FGU.
    Then copy the following folders from your backup to the FG Data directory; campaigns, modules, portraits, tokens & extensions.
    Then run an FG Update.
    Then launch FG and see if your campaigns and modules are there.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Unless you changed the location of your campaign files from the default they'll still be in the same place when you re-install. However if your disc drive has been wiped then unless you have backed up your campaign files to another location they will have been lost. So a lot depends on how much data that you have lost. Some more information would be helpful so we can direct you more properly.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Okay, thanks for your reply. I'm currently trying something to recover the files (as of now they have found 115,330 deleted files) I'm hoping it's all there. Thank you again, and if I need more help, I'll provide additional information

Issue Resolved (and there was much rejoicing - yay)

I still don't know exactly what happened, but after rebooting my PC, this time it brought everything back. And I had tried multiple reboots earlier with no luck.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help.

Thread Information