5E Character Create Playlist

Syrinscape when playing offline

I notice in my sound settings there is the "Syrinscape" tab and the "File" tab. Is the "Syrinscape" tab for an internect connection only? I seems to be, I have been able to get this to work with my online player (although it is flaky, if I don't have a sound constantly going on the syrinscape site, it will lose the connection and I have to refresh it).

Is the "File Import" for offline playing of syrinscape sounds? When I download the offline player in syrinscape it is just an exe. Anyway, just wondering how this works, so I can trigger a syrinscape sound in FGU when I am offline in LAN mode? Thanks.

I believe the File Import is to add sounds from your own library on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    I notice in my sound settings there is the "Syrinscape" tab and the "File" tab. Is the "Syrinscape" tab for an internect connection only? I seems to be, I have been able to get this to work with my online player (although it is flaky, if I don't have a sound constantly going on the syrinscape site, it will lose the connection and I have to refresh it).

Is the "File Import" for offline playing of syrinscape sounds? When I download the offline player in syrinscape it is just an exe. Anyway, just wondering how this works, so I can trigger a syrinscape sound in FGU when I am offline in LAN mode? Thanks.
    Claedawg is correct. The offline File mode requires adding your custom audio into the FG data folder, building up your own file lists, creating your own custom triggers, and piping your local audio to your players if applicable. It's a completely different approach to playing audio that is only triggered locally.
    It's rather involved and custom audio will not work with the current official sound link packs. You will be creating everything from scratch using your own local audio library and none of it really links up to Syrinscape without additional content like audio extensions, etc.
    https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.co...-grounds-unity
    Last edited by Laerun; March 22nd, 2024 at 06:38.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Claedawg is correct. The offline File mode requires adding your custom audio into the FG data folder, building up your own file lists, creating your own custom triggers, and piping your local audio to your players if applicable. It's a completely different approach to playing audio that is only triggered locally.
    It's rather involved and custom audio will not work with the current official sound link packs. You will be creating everything from scratch using your own local audio library and none of it really links up to Syrinscape without additional content like audio extensions, etc.
    https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.co...-grounds-unity
    Ok, so when Syrinscape talks about "offline" what they mean is, all the sounds are contained in a downloadable .exe but there is no way to trigger these sounds inside the downloaded .exe from within Fantasy Grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    Ok, so when Syrinscape talks about "offline" what they mean is, all the sounds are contained in a downloadable .exe but there is no way to trigger these sounds inside the downloaded .exe from within Fantasy Grounds?
    Correct not without an extension like Mattekure's. His will trigger the older pc app, but they still don't connect with the newer sound sets, you have to route your own audio and build your own chat triggers, etc.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Correct not without an extension like Mattekure's. His will trigger the older pc app, but they still don't connect with the newer sound sets, you have to route your own audio and build your own chat triggers, etc.
    Ok thanks, I am already piping my audio through Virtual Cable and Discord so at least that part is working.

Thread Information