5E Character Create Playlist

Updater Window stays minimized during update and when trying to access settings

Updater Window stays minimized during update and when trying to access settings. If I try access settings the window minimizes and stays minimized. When I hover on the icon the window appears half offscreen. See pic. I cannot interact with the settings in any way. It's been like this for several months. If I ever need to login I'm screwed.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 182649.jpg
    Last edited by Sgt.Rock008; March 22nd, 2024 at 01:48. Reason: edited photo

Are you using Windows 10?
    Right click on the exe to check if you can start in full screen mode. There might be a toolbar or EXE setting that might be enacted or selected.

If you're using a secondary monitor, please try disconnecting it first.

Open the program then Hold Shift key on your keyboard
    Right click the program on the taskbar. Select Move. Use the left and right arrow on your keyboard to move the program at the center.
    Last edited by Laerun; March 22nd, 2024 at 02:42. Reason: Clarity
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

It looks like they may be using Win11. The bottom menu bar looks different adn is centered instead of set from the left side of the screen.

Yes, I'm using Windows 11 on a laptop with 4k display and my windows setting for display scaling is set to 225%.

This appears to be an issue with High DPI settings when using "Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Display scaling performed by: System." When I use an external 2k monitor the launcher window displays properly and I can access the settings. If I use "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" in Properties for FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe and set to "Display scaling performed by: Application" the settings window remains on screen and is accessible but very small and hard to read. It also appears in the upper left corner of the display and the behaviour is the same for Launcher, Updater, and Settings windows.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 075703.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-22 075935.jpg
    Last edited by Sgt.Rock008; March 22nd, 2024 at 15:01.

Looks like FG Launcher and FG Updater are not scaling properly with a 4K display when using windows scaling settings. FG puts the launcher window off screen in the upper left corner as shown in my screenshot. This was reported in an older thread "Updater Issues" as well. Looks like it hasn't been fixed.

Thread Information