5E Character Create Playlist

Error after update

Moderator: Moved to the House of Healing.

Hey guys,
    since the last update I have problems with the Book Camaign.
    Now it's not possible to copy pages as normal. The copied page is not shown in the upper right corner as before.
    And when i open my freshly exported book FG shows me these errors:
    first it showed
    [ERROR] handler error: ["string core rpg:scripts/manager utility.lua"]: 245: attempt to compare number with nil
    and now
    [ERROR] script execution error: ["string core rpg:scripts/manager utility.lua"]: 245: attempt to compare number with nil
    is shown.
    What does this ERROR say?

Please help!

Hans
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; March 22nd, 2024 at 00:17.

I've moved your post to here since it has nothing to do with where you posted.

The first thing to check is whether you can reproduce the error in a new campaign without extensions (including themes). If you cannot then your issue is most likely being caused by one or more of the extensions. Disabling those and then adding them back in one at a time until you find the error will narrow things down to the culprit.

When making reports such as this it's also better to mention the ruleset you are using.

And welcome to the forums.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm not having this issue in my 5E campaign. There was also another report stating (and a fix for) the missing class specialization button that I was not having an issue with. I thought there was a Murphy's Law scenario going on where the recent fixes were breaking things (well I guess there is for some people). Wonder why these issues are happening with some users???

Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    I'm not having this issue in my 5E campaign. There was also another report stating (and a fix for) the missing class specialization button that I was not having an issue with. I thought there was a Murphy's Law scenario going on where the recent fixes were breaking things (well I guess there is for some people). Wonder why these issues are happening with some users???
    Mostly because extensions are not up to date or just don’t work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Also, when you get an error, please click the Compile Logs button and attach the logs. It will show the application version, ruleset versions and extensions used very quickly for anyone looking.

I just tried a copy and paste from a module Story Book to the campaign Story Book; as well as from a module Story Book to an advanced Story record. Both worked without error.

In addition to disabling any extensions, please make sure that you do not have any unpacked/unzipped rulesets in the rulesets subfolder under the FG data folder. (FG data folder accessible via folder button at top of launch screen).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information