FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Ring bell on turn doesn't work

Some time ago, this sound stopped working and we can't get it to work. I have tried to turn it on/off from settings, enabling Syrinscape sounds, turning dicevolume on/off for players and me and nothing works. Anyone have any idea why this is not working.

You don't mentioned what ruleset you're using. I've just done a test in a D&D 5E campaign and it works fine for me. The PC must be in the combat tracker and owned by the player for them to hear the sound - and only the player that owns the PC will hear the sound. The GM doesn't hear sounds.

Do you hear any sounds from Fantasy Grounds? For example, do you hear the dice roll sounds?
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 21st, 2024 at 17:41.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, we can hear the sounds of dice, both players and me (GM), but no bell on turn in combat tracker for players.

What ruleset are you using?
    Are you using any extensions?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is working for me as well. I suspect maybe an extension is interfering? Can you test in a new campaign without extensions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

We are using 5E and playing right now so I can't test extensions, but I have 20+ extensions active, so likely the problem is there.

I have now tested the ring bell on turn-feature without any extensions and my players still don't here the sound.
    Ruleset: 5E
    Ring bell on turn: doesn't work
    Ring on whisper: works
    Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Hmm, only a guess would be that their audio is disabling application sounds or it's so low its overridden by voice chat.
    Have you verified when no one is talking etc so that you can make sure to have heard the sounds? And that the players have an active character in the CT? (I assume so, but its the only thing I can think of)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

They can here the whisper bell fine when I send them message so it shouldn't be about application sounds. And we have tested it also with active characters in the CT.

One other thought. You do have the option Player: Ring bell on turn set to on in the Combat section right?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information