5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    there is no message in my DMs Campaign Chat and no windows is opening -that was really strange.

A couple of thoughts. When did you create the character? I updated Tasha not too long ago (end of January). This update probably moved things around and it may be the cause of what you are seeing. So creating the character again may well fix things.

Also just to be clear; in the character that you posted there are zero links to Xanathar - which was the main subject of your original post. All of the links in the character are to Tasha's players book.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    No, because in my own campaign I own the module - in my DMs campaign he has allowed me to use the modules - but if I click on the windows (as player) nothing happens - no message and no window opens - yeah, Tasha is right, because twilight cleric is in Tashas.
    To clarify - you (a player in the campaign) own Tasha's, but the GM doesn't? The GM has allowed you to access the module that you own? Or, does the GM own Tasha's as well?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've recreated the issue - if the player owns Tasha's but the GM doesn't, then the links won't open and nothing is output to chat - even if the GM has allowed access to the module. However, in the player console, messages will be listed - for example:

Code:
    [3/22/2024 9:16:17 AM] desktop: Unable to create window with given data source (class_spell_view : class_spell_view.clericoptional@DD Tashas Cauldron of Everything - Players)
    [3/22/2024 9:17:13 AM] desktop: Unable to create window with given data source (class_spell_view : class_spell_view.cleric@DD Tashas Cauldron of Everything - Players)
    This is probably an issue with the base FG code and accessing modules the GM doesn't own. The devs will need to look into this...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm, I tried to recreate this issue; but it was working fine for me. I might need more specific steps to recreate.

* Create brand new campaign on machine running test account (only PHB and LMoP owned)
    * Connect from a different machine running on full access account (all 5E modules)
    * Load PHB and Tasha's on player machine
    * Tried opening spell lists from Library->Modules->PHB/Tasha->Class Spell Lists window
    * Tried opening spell lists from Character->Classes->Spell Lists window
    * In both cases, the windows loaded without error.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Hmm, I tried to recreate this issue; but it was working fine for me. I might need more specific steps to recreate.

* Create brand new campaign on machine running test account (only PHB and LMoP owned)
    * Connect from a different machine running on full access account (all 5E modules)
    * Load PHB and Tasha's on player machine
    * Tried opening spell lists from Library->Modules->PHB/Tasha->Class Spell Lists window
    * Tried opening spell lists from Character->Classes->Spell Lists window
    * In both cases, the windows loaded without error.

Thanks,
    JPG
    These steps work for me as well.

However, the issue is still present if the test PC "Mira" (XML in post #7) is used - go to Abilities -> Festures -> Additional Cleric Spells (Option) and click on the embedded link "Spells: Optional Cleric Spells".

Interestingly, if I drag the "Spells: Optional Cleric Spells" link from within the "Additional Cleric Spells (Option)" feature window to a hotkey slot and click on it there, it works - and now the link within "Additional Cleric Spells (Option)" works.

Hmm, finally got a chance to look at this again. I tried the same steps you noted in the last post, and I was unable to get an error. I got the query to load the module, and then it opened.

* Import Mira PC XML from post #7
    * Choose Mira PC to activate
    * On Mira sheet, go to Abilities -> Festures -> Additional Cleric Spells (Option)
    * In the "Additional Cleric Spells (Option)", click on the "Spells: Optional Cleric Spells" link.
    * Click OK on the dialog to load Tasha's player module.
    * The window loads without error.

I'm not sure what I'm doing differently.

Regards,
    JPG

EDIT: I even tried blocking players from loading Tashas from loading on the GM side using the Library->Modules->Activation window button on the module to toggle access. Even in that case, the error message just appears in the chat window. ("Unable to load module. (DD Tashas Cauldron of Everything - Players)")
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; April 6th, 2024 at 01:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Hmm, finally got a chance to look at this again. I tried the same steps you noted in the last post, and I was unable to get an error. I got the query to load the module, and then it opened.

* Import Mira PC XML from post #7
    * Choose Mira PC to activate
    * On Mira sheet, go to Abilities -> Festures -> Additional Cleric Spells (Option)
    * In the "Additional Cleric Spells (Option)", click on the "Spells: Optional Cleric Spells" link.
    * Click OK on the dialog to load Tasha's player module.
    * The window loads without error.

I'm not sure what I'm doing differently.

Regards,
    JPG

EDIT: I even tried blocking players from loading Tashas from loading on the GM side using the Library->Modules->Activation window button on the module to toggle access. Even in that case, the error message just appears in the chat window. ("Unable to load module. (DD Tashas Cauldron of Everything - Players)")
    We tried today again with our DM in our DMs Campaign to delete all extensions and then all we different players in his Campaign create a new character with the drag and drop method, dragging cleric from main class menu (using the tashas version) onto lvl field - then choosing twilight domain- after filling all fields automatically go to abilities tab and under feature open domain spells twilight and the link within this window - nothing opens - we have tried with different players and I asked my DM to sent his log to this forum... perhaps that could help but there is no error message shown anyway.
    Thanks
    Micael
    Last edited by micael; April 7th, 2024 at 13:09.

We tried today again with our DM in our DMs Campaign to delete all extensions and then all we different players in his Campaign create a new character with the drag and drop method, dragging cleric from main class menu (using the tashas version) onto lvl field - then choosing twilight domain- after filling all fields automatically go to abilities tab and under feature open domain spells twilight and the link within this window - nothing opens - we have tried with different players and I asked my DM to sent his log to this forum... perhaps that could help but there is no error message shown anyway.
    Thanks
    Micael
    By the way, my DM owns Tashas ... it seems not to be a problem with that... here is his logfile from yesterday...
    Thanks
    Micael
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by micael; April 7th, 2024 at 13:09.

By the way, my DM owns Tashas ... it seems not to be a problem with that... here is his logfile from yesterday...
    Thanks
    Micael
    I'm sorry but up until this post the whole thing you were saying is that you owned Tasha but your DM didn't, Now you are saying your DM does own Tasha? Since none of us (well maybe Trenloe found something) can replicate any kind of error - and the character you posted works just fine, and you have changed all of the parameters that you noted in your first post, I think we're going to need very exact and precise steps in order to replicate. You'll also want to replicate in a brand new campaign with no extensions. We're also going to have to know who owns what module and which module you are using to create the character (that is are you using your own module which the DM has given you permission to use or are you using the DMs shared copy - I'm not sure what the effect would be if both parties own the same module and you use your own one instead of the shared one).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information