5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Certain links not usable

Hi,

after starting a new campaign with new chars and no extensions, the following links result in no window opening (all from cleric class - from Xanathars drag/dropped on char sheet):

- Domain spell (Twilight) open and then canīt open Cleric Twilight domain spells (FEature on Char after choosed Twilight DOmain from Tashas)
    - additional Cleric Spells (Option) and then canīt open Spells: Optional Cleric Spells
    - Spellcasting and then canīt open Cleric spells

Seems that a lot from Xanathars is link broken (on charsheet after opening one window the next link)...

Thanks

Micael

Can you walk me through what you have done?

If you drag in the Cleric from Xanathar you will not get the Additional Cleric spells (option) since that's only available if you drag the Cleric in from Tasha. If you want the Tasha options then drag the Cleric in from Tasha and not Xanathar (The options are attached to the class in Tasha and not the archetype - so it won't matter what archetype you select from Xanathar or anywhere else you won't get those options).

I'm not seeing any issues with dragging in from either Xanathar or Tasha. If I select Twilight domain from either book I can open the Domain spells from the abilities tab and open the spell list and select a spell from the list. If I drag in from Tahsa I can access the Domains spells, and optional spells from the abilities tab.

Image 3.jpg

Image 2.jpg
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, as a DM I also have no problem with Tashas and opening the windows - Perhaps its because I was a player creating his first char in a campaign of a DM who donīt own Tashas - I own them and he has allowed it (in modules) , but as I said, the last window on your screen with the spells are not opened for me.

Thanks
    Micael

I think maybe you'll need to export the character and post it here so we can take a look. I can't test the situation where I own a book which the DM doesn't. I still think the links should work if you created the character and it's you that is clicking the links. Obviously if someone else is clicking the links and don't own the books then they won't be able to open them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think maybe you'll need to export the character and post it here so we can take a look. I can't test the situation where I own a book which the DM doesn't. I still think the links should work if you created the character and it's you that is clicking the links. Obviously if someone else is clicking the links and don't own the books then they won't be able to open them.
    I donīt think, that an export will help - I have exported it to myself and opened the char in my campaign - there I can open all windows - its especially in the environment, where I as a player create a new char from tashas (cleric twilight domain) with drag and drop and the DM is not owning the books (but has allowed me as player to use them). If I as player then try to open the above mentioned windows, nothing happened - its not the DM - its me as a player who want to open the windows.

So you have to simulate a similar environment to see the problem.

Thanks

Micael

The export will help since we can then see where the links are pointing to. I still think you should be able to open the links even if all the DM has done is allow you to use your own books, If that isn't happening then there may be an issue with that link; so we need to see where the link is pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The export will help since we can then see where the links are pointing to. I still think you should be able to open the links even if all the DM has done is allow you to use your own books, If that isn't happening then there may be an issue with that link; so we need to see where the link is pointing.
    ok here is an export of Mira, the char with the link problems I talked above- note that the problems are only there if a GM has not the modules owned for race/class
    Thanks
    Micael
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks. Looking through the code in that character I can't find anything wrong. When I load it into a campaign then it all works as expected. So with all of the books closed when I click on a link to say the Domain or the archetype I get a message up saying the module you are attempting to load isn't open and asks if I want to open it. So I take it that when you are joined to the campaign and try to click on one of these links you aren't getting that message?

When I try this by clicking on the link within the Additional Cleric Spells (Option) character feature I get a message in the chat window:

Attempt to open link(s) for modules not installed.
    (DD Tashas Cauldron of Everything - Players)
    I don't have this module, so this message is correct.

The three entries mentioned in post #1 have links to "DD Tashas Cauldron of Everything - Players" not Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

Do you see a message in chat?
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 21st, 2024 at 17:21.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    When I try this by clicking on the link within the Additional Cleric Spells (Option) character feature I get a message in the chat window:

I don't have this module, so this message is correct.

The three entries mentioned in post #1 have links to "DD Tashas Cauldron of Everything - Players" not Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

Do you see a message in chat?
    No, because in my own campaign I own the module - in my DMs campaign he has allowed me to use the modules - but if I click on the windows (as player) nothing happens - no message and no window opens - yeah, Tasha is right, because twilight cleric is in Tashas.

Thanks

Micael

Thread Information