FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    Using 5E. I'm changing the way characters level to keep HP bloat down but still providing power-ups through feats (using several mods that add more feats) and item upgrades (Ancestral Weapons). Basically, PCs will expend XP 3 times per level (including level-0, but he PCs will start game with those 3 feats/item upgrades as a 1st level character) before being able to actually level up the class.

Setting will be Faerun and I am also having the characters choose a region to be from (some regions have 3rd party backgrounds they can choose). Basically, working on making the Phandalin area (and beyond) into a hexcrawl/sandbox style game with the possibility of it becoming a westmarch.

The hardest part is converting PDFs from DMsGuild & DriveThru RPG. I literally have dozens (if not over 100) mods and PDFs to be converted (3 just for religious stuff that adds sub-classes and spells, and 5+ for feats alone).

Also using Schely's Faerun maps and adding pins from the refman for the regions and places the characters can be from (most info for that coming from Forgotten Realms Wiki).

I will also be using the Comprehensive Equipment Manual and do not want the players to have access to any other items from the PHB and such.

I will most likely be changing some feats, class abilities, etc. to fit my vision better, so I don't want PCs to have access to anything I've not approved. I am also adapting other rules from PF2 (exploration rules, influence system, hexcrawling and camping).

Compiling available actions for combatants from the various PC facing books and adding more to give PCs and NPCs more upfront options in combat, including more bonus action options (similar to BG3).

Changes to Short and Long Rest Rules (no more auto healing during a Long Rest, which is already implemented in FG).

Not adding in any automation since my handle on extension scripting is horrible, lol. If I had a handle on that, there would be more changes I would make. Would love it if I could turn 5E into a skills based system similar to RM or BRP since I prefer the d20 system over the percentile system. I use a crap-tonne of extension to get what automations I can. Speaking of, I am also adding sections in the refman for the FG effects automations and extension effects automations so the players and myself do not have to pull up multiple web pages to find it all.

I know a lot people would refuse to play in my games and when I have brought up even some of the changes in other forums I get lambasted. Since I'm going to be doing this with small paties (3 PCs or less) and 1-on-1s I'm not worried about finding players. The players will also have the option to pick up NPCs to adventure with them (they will full PC records instead) similar BG series, NWN2, Pathfinder computer game, etc.

I'm one of those people that like to tinker with mechanics and combining systems. Been doing it since the 80s with D&D, Pendragon (I would love it if someone could implement the Personality Traits and Passions for use in 5E to get rid of alignment), Rolemaster and BRP/Cthulhu. This may never actually see a player involved, but my main enjoyment from RPGs comes from the tinkering, lol. Similar to how some players love the character creation process and will make dozens (if not 100s) of characters. Since the material comes from a broad spectrum of publications it will be something the public never sees. So this is mostly just a me enjoying life thing.
    Sounds fun and a way to make your sessions truly your own.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Still not able to edit reference manual pages, npcs, feats, ites, etc. Everything works fine in a new campaign (even the imported reference in the exported module from the old campaign to a new campaign). I believe another issue I was having in the old campaign was related to MNM's module manager extension. The reference manual creation button is still on the module window (with no label) and opens a new reference manual instead of the one that I had already created.
    This sounds like these issues are being caused by extensions you have loaded. Try removing some of the extensions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This sounds like these issues are being caused by extensions you have loaded. Try removing some of the extensions.
    Removing the extensions in the old campaign did not fix the issues. Creating a new campaign did (except for the refman button on the modules screen), even with most of the extensions loaded (still not using the MNM Module Manager at this time, nor the Kit'n'Kabootle and a couple of others because they have not been updated, yet).

Blog Entries
    Removing the extensions in the old campaign did not fix the issues. Creating a new campaign did (except for the refman button on the modules screen), even with most of the extensions loaded (still not using the MNM Module Manager at this time, nor the Kit'n'Kabootle and a couple of others because they have not been updated, yet).
    Extensions can change the content of a campaign, including corrupting the campaign database. You might look at the xml of the old campaign and see what is different about it than what a new campaign with the same types of objects. I'd offer to take a look for you, but honestly would have to figure out what to look for myself.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Extensions can change the content of a campaign, including corrupting the campaign database. You might look at the xml of the old campaign and see what is different about it than what a new campaign with the same types of objects. I'd offer to take a look for you, but honestly would have to figure out what to look for myself.
    It's all good. I'm also a long time Paradox gamer, so I'm used to updates/DLC breaking mods, lol. It's just part of progress.

I just wish I could find the mental energy to try my hand at some extension creation. There are so many things I'd like to do. One thing I'd like to do is get rid of the 5E proficiency bonus and make skill development something like MERP or 3.5E. The whole reason I got into 3.5 back in the day was the obvious influence from MERP, I don't care what Monte Cook says, he definitely brought his experience from ICE over to WotC, lol. Although, I was surprised Backgrounds didn't come out with 3E and didn't show up until 5E because of his history.

Another thing I'd like is to port over the Personality Traits and Passions from Pendragon to replace alignment, persuasion & deception check, and use them to have the players roll to see if their character can use an Inspiration. I use extended Inspiration options, mostly from another 5E 3rd party book/mod (I forget the name of it now, Expanded Options or something) with a couple of options I made myself with the help of my players. My updates make the PCs a lot more powerful, but I like to throw the kitchen sink at them

Creating a new campaign did (except for the refman button on the modules screen)...
    If you're seeing a refman button in the modules screen with no extensions loaded in the D&D 5e ruleset, then it sounds like you have an old unzipped ruleset (or your rulesets aren't updating) in the
    FG rulesets directory. You should just see buttons for: Activation, Store and Export. If this is not the case, after loading a campaign with no extensions, what are the version numbers listed in the chat window? You should see 2023-03-19 for the Fantasy Grounds application, the 5E and CoreRPG rulesets:

Fantasy Grounds - v4.5.2 ULTIMATE (2024-03-19)

Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (2024-03-19) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2024 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Core RPG ruleset (2024-03-19) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2024 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you're seeing a refman button in the modules screen with no extensions loaded in the D&D 5e ruleset
    That was the MNM Module Extension doing that. It was weird that it was still there as the previous updates actually removed the button when using that extension, lol. This update kept the button but removed the label on the button, functionality remained (opening a blank refman even though I already had one created before the update). Obviously, it's no longer needed.

EDIT: I would also like to note that I prefer the new placement to create a refman in the Story Menu.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Can you post the XML for one item/skill/spell/whatever that is not editable?
    I deleted the old campaign after exporting so I wouldn't confuse myself. Actually, I need to go in and delete some more, time for some spring cleaning, lol.

Thread Information