DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Copying spells

Copying spells

Hello,

How may I copy spells (for translating them) along with automatism when I place them in PC's sheet (damage, save, etc.)?

It seems that if I translate the spell's description, it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Jimlock; March 19th, 2024 at 09:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlock View Post
    Hello,

How may I copy spells (for translating them) along with automatism when I place them in PC's sheet (damage, save, etc.)?

It seems that if I translate the spell's description, it doesn't work.
    Indeed, since the effects are created using the language in the spell. If you change that then FG will no longer be able to work out what the actions needed are. Some spells are hard coded and if you keep the title of the spell the same those effects should still work; but won't if you change the title.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Got it, thanks

Blog Entries
    I would suggest adding the translation below the English spell description. There are parts of the spell descriptions you could delete, but probably easier to just leave it all.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I would suggest adding the translation below the English spell description. There are parts of the spell descriptions you could delete, but probably easier to just leave it all.
    It works but not with all the spells.
    Mage armor, for example, doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlock View Post
    It works but not with all the spells.
    Mage armor, for example, doesn't work.
    I think Mage Armour is one of those that's hard coded (since there's no language which will create the effect). So in that case the effect is built into the ruleset and uses the spell name to find the effect; so the name of the spell needs to be mage armour. I don't think the text of the spell matters.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think Mage Armour is one of those that's hard coded (since there's no language which will create the effect). So in that case the effect is built into the ruleset and uses the spell name to find the effect; so the name of the spell needs to be mage armour. I don't think the text of the spell matters.
    Mage Armor
    You silly European

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Mage Armor
    You silly European
    Hey I have enough trouble remembering to type weird spelling in official modules; I don't need to do it in the forums as well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hey I have enough trouble remembering to type weird spelling in official modules; I don't need to do it in the forums as well
    If you just came over to the dark side...

Thread Information