STAR TREK 2d20

FGU 4.5.1 Image Token Selection area not taking rotation into account.

In the new updates, the Token selection area is not taking into account the token rotation.

See,

selection.JPG

Once rotation the 'cursor' selection only works in the 'red' area and obviously is no longer taking rotation into account.

This is just a 'player' token made 'big' with resize-scroll wheel action to make it obvious.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; March 18th, 2024 at 17:48. Reason: spelling..
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    In the new updates, the Token selection area is not taking into account the token rotation.

See,

selection.JPG

Once rotation the 'cursor' selection only works in the 'red' area and obviously is no longer taking rotation into account.

This is just a 'player' token made 'big' with resize-scroll wheel action to make it obvious.

-pete
    Thanks for the report. I'll take a look.

Blog Entries
    This issue has been identified and should be fixed in the next release update.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    This issue has been identified and should be fixed in the next release update.
    Thanks, I have the update and it cures the issue shown. ( Version FGU 4.5.2 )

But I've still got issues on my spell tokens extension, I'll look further into it at my side but this is probably a change I need to update in the maths at my side.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; March 20th, 2024 at 13:11. Reason: add FGU version 4.5.2
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Noticed what looks like a texture indexing issue for the cursor selection.

selection.JPG

On this image, which is adding tokens via my spell token extension..

When first adding the 'cone of cold' spell token, the alpha response looks to be correct for the shape. ( Added chat output on my Token.onHover override function to see the enter/exit lua calls.. )

But after adding the 'alarm' spell token, the alpha response around the 'cone of cold' now looks like its the 'alarm' alpha channel.

I've marked the 'cursor' with a red cross, you can see its outside the alpha of the 'cone of cold' but thinks its inside. ( ie showing token image in top right of image view. )

But its looks like its mapping the alpha of the 'alarm', rotated by the 'cone of cold' over the cone of cold token.

-pete

EDIT: to add the 'FG Battle Maps.xml' which has the 2 tokens added to the map. Once the tokens are added by my extensions, this can be opened without any extensions and shows the same selection issue around the 'cone of cold' token.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bratch9; March 22nd, 2024 at 22:50.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Managed to replicate the issue of selection 'area' without any extensions.

I've included a 'Square' and 'Triangle' texture that if you place in your 'tokens' folder, and then drag both from the 'assets/Data' on a campaign and then make them big.

If you add the triangle first and move the cursor around it, you can see it correct selects the 'triangle' shape.

Then add the square, now you will see both seem to select as a 'square' from a cursor point of view.

If you then move the 'triangle', then now the triangle is correct but the square is now selected as if it was a triangle.

So it seems to reference the 'last' selected shape mask for every token on the screen !!

-pete

EDIT: added the 'FG Battle Maps.xml' with both these tokens added, so should be easy to replicate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bratch9; March 22nd, 2024 at 23:03.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Managed to replicate the issue of selection 'area' without any extensions.

I've included a 'Square' and 'Triangle' texture that if you place in your 'tokens' folder, and then drag both from the 'assets/Data' on a campaign and then make them big.

If you add the triangle first and move the cursor around it, you can see it correct selects the 'triangle' shape.

Then add the square, now you will see both seem to select as a 'square' from a cursor point of view.

If you then move the 'triangle', then now the triangle is correct but the square is now selected as if it was a triangle.

So it seems to reference the 'last' selected shape mask for every token on the screen !!

-pete

EDIT: added the 'FG Battle Maps.xml' with both these tokens added, so should be easy to replicate.
    Sorry, that took a little time to parse. Yes, the tokens were using the alpha channel of whichever token was "first in" rather than the appropriate alpha channel for the token. I have a change committed and it should be available when the next update is pushed.

Thread Information