DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Restore abilities tab

What would be needed to restore the abilities tab?

I understand that you need to add a row to the "CharSheet.Tabs" field in the "my_quest_script.lua" file. That should show the tab. The record type should already be present. If you want an icon in the menu do you need to modify scripts/data_library_brp.lua?

I discovered that you also need to edit campaign/record_char.xml, so it needs to be added to your extension and to extension.xml.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    What would be needed to restore the abilities tab?

I understand that you need to add a row to the "CharSheet.Tabs" field in the "my_quest_script.lua" file. That should show the tab. The record type should already be present. If you want an icon in the menu do you need to modify scripts/data_library_brp.lua?
    What abilities tab? I don't remember one. If it's missing after this update we can investigate in looking to have it back in. I'm just not aware of one on the character sheet.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    What abilities tab? I don't remember one. If it's missing after this update we can investigate in looking to have it back in. I'm just not aware of one on the character sheet.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding The ability tab from CoreRPG... I want to add "feats" to one of my BRP games...

Presently I have managed to add the tab, as well as a menu item. Only the menu item lacks text. I can create new abilities bit the icon in the menu lacks a tooltip and there's no text in the text box nor the pop-up window.

ability.png

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey that's one of my walkthroughs lol
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Hey that's one of my walkthroughs lol
    I wondered if you'd notice!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks everyone for your input on this issue. I managed to solve my problem. In the end I choose to modify an existing tab and add a new record type. But now I have a new button in the menu and I can drag new records from that menu to a character sheet. Thanks again for the help!

Thread Information