5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Recharge not updating?

Hi, I think recharge is no longer working?

I'm trying to attack screenshots, but i'm getting a security token error.

The ability is a reaction "Flicker (recharge 5-6)". The recharge effect, when the condition (The NPC is invisible) is applied, is successfully also applied to the NPC. When the ability recharges on its next turn, the recharge effect disappears automatically, but the ability still says [used] and I'm unable to reapply the recharge effect (basically, FG doesn't recognize that the ability has be re-used, and does not make subsequent recharge checks).

(less important question, can i write the ability so the condition only lasts to the start of the NPCs next turn?)

I just added the ability as an action, and it works fine. Only has a problem when it's coded as a reaction.

i just checked the githzerai traveller from morte's planar parade, which has a bonus action with a recharge. it doesn't refresh either.

This is working for me when I test with Dragon breath. I think the issue with the Githzerai is that there's no roll for a save or anything which causes the ability to proc the recharge. The Dragon works because the effect is all related to a saving throw. I'm unsure what Flicker is so I can't have a look at that to see what might be the problem; but I suspect that it's similar to the Githzerai.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is working for me when I test with Dragon breath. I think the issue with the Githzerai is that there's no roll for a save or anything which causes the ability to proc the recharge. The Dragon works because the effect is all related to a saving throw. I'm unsure what Flicker is so I can't have a look at that to see what might be the problem; but I suspect that it's similar to the Githzerai.
    I added a dragon breath to my NPC, under both actions and reactions
    recharge3.png

I put "recharge 1" so I don't have to go multiple rounds in test waiting for recharge. As an action, a recharge clears the effect and the [used] tag. As a reaction, recharge only clears the effect (see image above). When the ability is used a second time, FG stops rolling recharge because it does not recognize that the ability has been used again (it seems that the [used] tag blocks the recharge effect being reapplied, so there's no trigger to roll).

I made a copy of the githzerai traveller, then copied it's bonus action to an action. It works fine. (just double click the [R:4] in the combat tracker to mark the ability as used. it successfully clears on a recharge, but does not under bonus actions)

Ah, right I see the issue now. Read your post too quickly and missed the last line where you point out that it's not working when it's a reaction. Another one for Moon Wizard's list
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ah, right I see the issue now. Read your post too quickly and missed the last line where you point out that it's not working when it's a reaction. Another one for Moon Wizard's list
    No worries, you guys are super awesome. I'd just point out that the issue also exists for bonus actions (e.g. the githzerai traveller)

You can remove the [USED] to start the process again. Also it should add an effect that triggers the roll:
    RCHG: 5 Lightning breath (Used Young Blue Dragon)

This effect should remove if the roll succeeds. If you double click on the [USED] tag it should remove and 'reset' the recharge. I was able to see it working as intended. Can you double check with removing the [USED] tag and performing an action again with it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    You can remove the [USED] to start the process again. Also it should add an effect that triggers the roll:
    RCHG: 5 Lightning breath (Used Young Blue Dragon)

This effect should remove if the roll succeeds. If you double click on the [USED] tag it should remove and 'reset' the recharge. I was able to see it working as intended. Can you double check with removing the [USED] tag and performing an action again with it.
    confirmed that manual step works, but would be nice if the auto recharge check also cleared the used tag, like it does under actions.

It does with my testing. I was saying to try and clear it out manually to see if it would process automatically as I was seeing it do with my dragon test subject.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

If there is no [used] flag, then using the ability sets the used flag and applies the effect, which triggers a recharge roll on the next turn. This remains true before the ability has first been used, or after the used flag has been cleared (by whatever method).

but, for a bonus action or reaction, if the ability recharges the [used] flag is not automatically cleared, unlike an action ability. the only wau to clear the used flag is to do so manually by double clicking on it. While this is an improvement over not being able to clear it at all, it would be nice if it was automatic like the action ability.

Thread Information