STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

D&D 5e - Active CT Actor Indicator Size

In D&D 5e, with no extensions loaded, I'm seeing that the active CT actor has a large white indicator that extends beyond it's space (regardless of game size (medium/large/huge)), and is quite obtrusive.

I believe this same white circle indicator was there in previous versions, but it matched the size of the token.

Scaling the token with CTRL-Mousewheel just has the indicator scale with it. Is there a way to make this smaller or hide it?

Screenshot 2024-03-10 151242.png

I don't see that for standard tokens added from CT.

Do you see that with other standard tokens, such as letter tokens?
    Anything different about map?
    What's the grid size for the map?
    What's the space field specified for that character in the CT?

We may need to get a zipped up copy of campaign to investigate.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not seeing this. There is, as you say, a white underlay when the token is the active one on the CT; but it limited to a few pixels more than the size of the token.

Do you have exact steps to reproduce? (Check also what the space/reach of the token is).

Image.jpg
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Digging deeper...

Large map with a square grid of 7x7 is where I was seeing the issue.

It looks like the white circle has some sort of size cap.

Even just using default Cragmaw Hideout map from LMOP:

Grid Size (square):
    35 (default) = Looks good
    100 = Looks good
    1000 = Looks good
    20 = Starts to look bad
    10 = Looks worse - almost extends a full square orthogonally
    7 = Worse yet - full square orthogonally
    1 = Ludicrous

This probably won't matter on most maps, but if the scale of the white circle could scale down with the size of token, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Thanks for the additional information; I've forwarded to @pindercarl to look at.

Regards,
    JPG

Just pushed a new update that should address showing the self-target and active ring sizes. Please run a new Check for Updates to get the latest.

Regards,
    JPG

Perfect.

I know it is pretty extreme for a 7x7 grid, but even 20x20 didn't look great.

Sincere thanks!

I'm not sure if this is intended but in D&D 5E with no extensions loaded:

If the map with the active CT actor on it is closed, and as GM I double click a different actor's portrait in the CT that is on the same map, it opens that map (as it should) but now both the active actor and the actor that I double-clicked to open the map have the white circle.

Not a huge deal, but seems a little strange.

That's been how it has worked for a long time. The "active" token ring and the "active" actor in the CT are technically two different things. Single clicking on a token in the CT has always added the "active" token ring; and double clicking was added later to center map on token. Several users use the single click to toggle a graphic to know which token is the matching one to the CT entry.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    That's been how it has worked for a long time. The "active" token ring and the "active" actor in the CT are technically two different things. Single clicking on a token in the CT has always added the "active" token ring; and double clicking was added later to center map on token. Several users use the single click to toggle a graphic to know which token is the matching one to the CT entry.

Regards,
    JPG
    Hmmm... I think this is different.

Active CT is a white circle.
    Active token is a circle of faction color (green/yellow/red) - this will be above the white circle if the active CT actor is also the active token.

I'm saying that 2 tokens are getting the white circle at the same time when the map is opened this way.

It looks like cycling through the turns once fixes it.

Thread Information