DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Also, creating new fX layers works properly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoot138 View Post
    Its very odd behavior I am encountering.
    Here are the steps to reproduce
    Have an active npc/pc in combat tracker
    select NPC/PC token and enable LOS and player vision preview (at this point you will not see any of the fX)
    in options enable Fog of War (On)
    now the entire map is under water

I can send you the campaign, but it is a module that I am developing for castles and crusades ruleset and is not released publicly yet, what would be the best way to get that to you?
    Can you zip it up and either send it to [email protected], or put on a Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. and share it with the same email? Thanks.

Added you to a dropbox share with the zipped campaign

I added a note file listing the maps that I have looked at so far that may help you out

I'm seeing issues with lighting interfering with the effects layer as well.
    Sample image:
    effect mask with lighting.jpg

GMI

Blog Entries
    I added a note file listing the maps that I have looked at so far that may help you out
    Thanks for the files. I've have submitted a fix for this issue and should be available in the next release update.

After the latest update to repair effects, they are almost working as expected. However characters with light sources or infravision can see effects that are not applied to their area (like the torch has a blizzard going on in it). Also if I enable lighting, the effects don't work, so I can choose between lighting in an area, or having the effects, but not both.
    I think you've almost got it. Thanks for working on it.

GMI

Edit to add: maybe it's working right? I'll admit I'm new to the FGU interface, and I'm not sure if some of these won't work until the players get there? There is definitely some potential for user error here. At any rate, I think the current fix has it to a point where it will work. Thank you again.
    Last edited by GM Ithril; March 10th, 2024 at 22:18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GM Ithril View Post
    After the latest update to repair effects, they are almost working as expected. However characters with light sources or infravision can see effects that are not applied to their area (like the torch has a blizzard going on in it). Also if I enable lighting, the effects don't work, so I can choose between lighting in an area, or having the effects, but not both.
    I think you've almost got it. Thanks for working on it.

GMI

Edit to add: maybe it's working right? I'll admit I'm new to the FGU interface, and I'm not sure if some of these won't work until the players get there? There is definitely some potential for user error here. At any rate, I think the current fix has it to a point where it will work. Thank you again.
    If lighting is enabled, FX are only visible in lit areas. This can be from ambient light, lights placed on the map, lights attached to tokens, or special visions assigned to tokens.

Its very odd behavior I am encountering.
    Here are the steps to reproduce
    Have an active npc/pc in combat tracker
    select NPC/PC token and enable LOS and player vision preview (at this point you will not see any of the fX)
    in options enable Fog of War (On)
    now the entire map is under water

I can send you the campaign, but it is a module that I am developing for castles and crusades ruleset and is not released publicly yet, what would be the best way to get that to you?
    +1 to this, having the same issue with a couple of the effects. Blizzard notably is a very bad offender. With mask fully on its still like 30/50% visible everywhere else on the map. If i disable line of sight, the effect is correctly masked to the parts of the map it is supposed to be on. When I enable Line of sight the effect becomes global to where the players are and I cannot make it go away even by apply a mask to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha97 View Post
    +1 to this, having the same issue with a couple of the effects. Blizzard notably is a very bad offender. With mask fully on its still like 30/50% visible everywhere else on the map. If i disable line of sight, the effect is correctly masked to the parts of the map it is supposed to be on. When I enable Line of sight the effect becomes global to where the players are and I cannot make it go away even by apply a mask to it.
    Can you verify that you are on the latest version? The masking issues should be resolved in 4.5.2. Thanks.

Thread Information