STAR TREK 2d20

Exporting Module Silently Crashes FGU

About every third to fourth time I export a module, FGU suddenly closes.
    Nothing is written to the FGU log files.
    Nothing is written to windows even viewer.
    This happens with no extensions loaded.
    The .mod file is being written to. I watch the size increasing.
    It happens some time while it's writing image files to the images and tokens folders in the zip file. So far client.xml and definition.xml are fully and properly created and written to the zip file.
    Sorry, I can't provide any more clues.
    I can zip my campaign if it helps.

Posting your campaign should help, yes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here's the campaign minus images and tokens to save on size.Setting - Quar Dai Player.zip

Ah, I see it's Savage Worlds. There have been some issues with SW and the new update, so it may be related to that. Additionally I can export multiple times without issue; so it may be related to one or more images or tokens that you are using.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Here's the campaign minus images and tokens to save on size.Setting - Quar Dai Player.zip
    I tested with this campaign and was not able to replicate the silent crash. What is the size of your images and those files that you have left out of the campaign? I think there is where the issue might lie with your crashing.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I'll experiment with the file sizes. I'm going to convert jpg and png to webp, so this will be an opportunity to zero in on the cause.
    Thanks for looking at this.

Thread Information