DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Unable to change tokens on PCs

Hopefully, this is a quick question for someone... I can't change the tokens for my PCs (left), but I can if I create a new PC (right). Any idea as to why this is happening? No extensions are loaded currently.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 170530.png

For the top one, click on the portrait area and select a portrait in the window that opens to set a portrait.
    For the bottom two, you can drag and drop any token/image from the Assets window onto the fields.

If that doesn't work, have you run extensions at any time in this campaign? Can you provide an export of the character that is not working? Or a zipped up copy of the campaign folder?

Regards,
    JPG

Dragging and dropping, or selecting, a new portrait works as expected. However, for the Tokens (Flat and Camera), neither drag and drop, nor clicking on it with the mouse works at all. As you can see from the screenshot, there are missing +/- buttons as well, as if they were read-only fields.

I was running several extensions in the campaign prior to patching. They were all disabled to avoid errors after the update--I've been through these update issues before. . I try to run only a minimum number of needed extensions--far fewer than some others I've seen in the forums. I'm fully aware that the fewer extensions, the less that can go wrong. However, these improve my quality of play measurably. I use Aura Effects, Better Combat Effects, Constitutional Amendments, Moon Tracker, Critically Awesome Essentials, Legendary Assistant, Easy Lights, MNM Coin Manager, and Select on Turn. Nine extensions in total, all of which are currently disabled.

I'm attaching the ZIP file with all four PCs. I attempted to upload the ZIP'd campaign folder, but it was over the size restriction. Here is a Google Drive download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KrX...ew?usp=sharing

These are the pre-patched versions (v.4.4) of the files.

All four PCs in this campaign have the same issue. I run several campaigns in FGU, and the tokens are working as expected in the other campaigns.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I took a look at your campaign. I don't have/use any of the extension other than the built-in theme ones provided by SmiteWorks.
    It seems like you either have used or are currently using an extension that provides a "locked" state to the character sheet; and the pictures window is picking that up (since it is also used for NPCs which need to be locked).

I'll have to see if I can patch to not check for character sheet picture windows specifically.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

You should try some of these extensions. Aura Effects and BCE automate several effects which are not natively supported and were gamechangers in FGU for me when I discovered them.

The only extension I know that has a "locking" feature is MNM Coin Manager. It locks down currency fields for players, and instead gives them explicit windows to buy or receive currency. I wouldn't think that it would affect tokens, but I don't know. I've had multiple players delete all their gold, or add several digits, inadvertently due to not being aware where their cursor is before they started typing something unrelated.

I run the exact same extensions for all my campaigns. It's strange why only this campaign and these characters are exhibiting this behavior.

Long shot, but could this issue be related to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...er-Sheets-(5E)?

If that is the extension that is performing the locking, then you might want to mention to them that setting a lock at the top level of the character record could have other impacts. I thought you might have used the extension that attempts to lock the whole character sheet at some point.

It's not related to the other issue, as that one has to do with sub-records within a character sheet explicitly.

Regards,
    JPG

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post710946

It looks like this could also happen when copying characters via drag and drop. I've addressed that as well with this update.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post710946

It looks like this could also happen when copying characters via drag and drop. I've addressed that as well with this update.

Regards,
    JPG
    Much appreciated! I will test it tonight.

Thread Information