STAR TREK 2d20

Old school Chainmail/ Battle Systems in Fantasy Grounds

I would like to give my players the option of doing large battles in FGU.

Is this even possible?

Has anyone else attempted it?

Blog Entries
    Possible? Yes.
    Have I tried it? No. The largest battle I've run in FG (Classic) was a D&D 5E encounter with about 60 creatures on the combat tracker.

It's been more than a decade since I played Battle System, and that was in person (War of the Lance?). Not sure FG would be a good platform for it, but I don't remember a lot of details (Wasn't it mostly 2e with units?). You might end up looking at the community XCore ruleset or even the D&D Classic (AD&D 1e & 2e) ruleset, depending on how close the rules are to AD&D.

BattleGrounds Game Engine Battlegrounds Games | Virtual tabletop software for gaming online (or offline) might be better but not sure how active the system is anymore. Vassal Engine Vassal (vassalengine.org) has a ton of systems supported, but it is very 1980's technology and I never spent the time to figure it out.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

MCDM'S Strongholds and Followers has current rules for large scale battle I think?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    MCDM'S Strongholds and Followers has current rules for large scale battle I think?
    Yes you are right. And it has an FG extension to go with it I think.
    Strongholds & Followers for Fantasy Grounds

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information