STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Can't Edit Certain Features (D&D 5E Ruleset)

I might just have missed something about the new update, but after updating just now, I'm unable to edit class, subclass, or racial features. There's no longer a button to unlock them to make edits. Is anyone else having this issue, or is there a new way to edit those? Included below is a picture of the issue (no extensions running) showing that some of the forms have the unlocked/edit button and others don't.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 203659.png

As you can see in my screenshot, the windows I'm referring to don't have the padlock button. The feature windows themselves are what I mean.

I take it you are referring to the subwindow, speed, jack of all trades, etc?

Have you tried finding where the individual feature exists, and seeing if there is a padlock there, rather than opening it from a locked main window?

It could be that the main window is locked that is blocking editing of the features.

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    I take it you are referring to the subwindow, speed, jack of all trades, etc?

Have you tried finding where the individual feature exists, and seeing if there is a padlock there, rather than opening it from a locked main window?

It could be that the main window is locked that is blocking editing of the features.
    I did try that (the windows behind them are the master windows that they come from). Unlocking the source window doesn't do anything. This issue also occurs on features on character sheets, which can't be unlocked to begin with. It seems like the previously available edit function is simply not there as of this update.

Drag the feature to your actions tab first, and then try to unlock from there or to edit from there.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Drag the feature to your actions tab first, and then try from there to edit from there
    Their not being editable on a character sheet isn't the main problem, just a symptom of it. These subwindows used to be editable. The ones I posted in my link were from content I made. With things as they are now, new features, feats, etc can't be edited or made, and new content can't be programmed.

EDIT: As a quick update, this only seems to happen on older windows that existed before the update. If I create a new race, its subwindows are editable. I suppose it's entirely possible I could rebuild everything in new windows, but I'd really rather not... I'm hoping the edit functionality can be restored to old subwindows. I'm currently developing a huge module to export as part of a Kickstarter, and this has, unfortunately, increased my workload significantly. Oof.
    Last edited by BlazingAzureCrow; March 7th, 2024 at 06:18.

Gotcha, are those records locked when you tried to edit your custom data>? THe picture shows the main header in the locked state.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Could you clarify what you mean by custom data?

I've attempted to edit the features both with the main window locked and unlocked, but it doesn't affect them. I also just edited my previous post with a new development I noticed that makes this particularly tricky.

The image you shared shows the custom records in the main sheet locked. Regardless. I would not think you'd be locked out of your own custom data records. We will need to see how records were changed I guess. It might also have to do with how or when you made these custom records, as this type of data has changed a couple of times over the last year or so.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    The image you shared shows the custom records l, the main sheet locked. Regardless. I would not think you'd be locked out of your own custom data records. We will need to see how records were changed I guess. It might also have to do with how or when you made these custom records.
    Ah. Yeah. Another weird finding - if I create totally new entries I can edit the subwindows, but there's no way to lock them, even when the main window is locked.

Attachment 60007

Thread Information