5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

4E Preview Game!

I took a bunch of shots from the 4E playtest match I was running today. The first is right after the fighting got started in the first encounter, and the second is after towards the end when a Hobgoblin Warcaster showed up and layed the cleric on his rump!

Attachment 337
    Attachment 338

Looks great.

What are you using the square window immediately to the left of the token box for?

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

I would guess that that is the party marching order.

I'm guessing he was using it to keep track of the daily and per encounter powers - That or a neat tic tack toe board.

Must... resist... temptation... to buy... widescreen... monitor....

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    Looks great.

What are you using the square window immediately to the left of the token box for?

Sigurd
    Pretty good guesses, some close. That's my player tracking window (idea from Griogre) which I use to track various effects. The "L" was to indicate the fighter had "Lance of Faith" (+2 to attack roll) until the end of her next turn, the "C" was for the warlock having Concealment every time she moves at least 3 squares away from her current position, etc. Everything on the right was just a spare token, everything next to the character is applied. The "B"s were to mark who is Bloodied (below half-health).

As far as tracking powers, they have their mini-sheets for that--Level 1 spells are "At-Will", Level 2 are "Encounter", and Level 3 is "Daily". They just check off the one that they use for Encounter/Daily. Marks are easy to track too, just have them target what is marked. Game was so much fun.

I have to admit I really like your idea of using the spellbook for powers. It would be very easy and quick to type in what you want for even without a module.

I took several stabs at it, Griogre, reading a lot of your posts in the process. The first time I tried it with Notepad. Ugh. After inputing all the Paladin powers, and it didn't load, I gave up.

The next time, I tried it with Notepad, and loading the client.xml in Internet Explorer to spot errors. That worked better, but man it was so tedious, hard to look at, and slow.

Then I got Notepad++ and input the remaining four characters in like an hour. It was awesome, particularly the collapsing of tags. Until there is a 4E update for FG2, I'll probably use this method, though I hope to be able to design my own sheet before then (otherwise I'll use the generic ruleset). Having the abilities be linkable was the main reason I went for a spellbook mod, and as a mod I can use it with any campaign. Though I suppose it would be possible to load it as Story entries in a module, and /export it as common data?

The /export command does not really work well for "library book" type data, sadly. Mostly because the clients can't read it. I'm afraid the spellbook module will probably be easiest way.

Are you using a standard d20 sheet for the characters or have you made a 4E sheet?

Dachannien
    Dual monitors rock
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Thread Information