Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

I think if you had a standard license and an unlicensed player in FG classic it went into demo mode and didn't update the campaign data (db.xml).

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    I think if you had a standard license and an unlicensed player in FG classic it went into demo mode and didn't update the campaign data (db.xml).
    It went into a mode where the GM and one unlicensed player (no other players, licensed or otherwise) would be connected - campaign data would still be saved. If a licensed user joined the game it would kick the unlicensed user out. The full "demo" mode where not data was saved would be if an unlicensed user started a campaign as a GM. Note - this is no longer the case with FG Unity, and users reading this thread should not think we're discussing current functionality. The "demo" mode in FG Unity allows saving of data but doesn't allow any players to connect - it's designed to allow unlicensed players to maintain their PCs when not connected to a GM's session.

In the end, this is really just academic - as the OP needs to consider getting a Fantasy Grounds Unity license if they intend to GM games in FG. Fantasy Grounds Classic hasn't been supported for nearly three years, and all products since June 2021 are only available for use with FG Unity, or products released before June 2021 have only had updates for the FG Unity version. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rounds-Classic
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 4th, 2024 at 17:24.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I almost said this earlier - what Trenloe says is true. If you really want to run a game with players, you *really* need to consider an upgrade to Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Thread Information