FG Spreadshirt Swag

Light placed on map not initializing - have to turn it off and back on

As I did not hear anything back on this I'm creating its own thread.

I have a light source (same campaign as Moon Wizard has in his discord) that never gets initiated when I come up in the map. I have to go into map lighting tools - select the light source (which is on) and turn it off and on before the light shows on the map. I exit the app - come back in - and its once again not showing even though its on until I set it off and on again.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    As I did not hear anything back on this I'm creating its own thread.

I have a light source (same campaign as Moon Wizard has in his discord) that never gets initiated when I come up in the map. I have to go into map lighting tools - select the light source (which is on) and turn it off and on before the light shows on the map. I exit the app - come back in - and its once again not showing even though its on until I set it off and on again.
    Thanks. I have a copy of the campaign note to look at this from the other thread.

Another aspect of that same campaign is that when I come up in it the map window is always black - even when I exit the app with a visible portion of map. Same thing happens when I share that map to a client - always starts out black - I have to double click on CT token to to get it to center/activate vision to see what I had on host (can't remember if that is my extension or raw FGU that allows that as I think you guys added that ability or part of it when double clicking on CT token).

Gist is - the map should show what I last had in it - or what I shared it out with. Not a black screen (not sure if that is because its tossed it outside vision or is really not having the vision activated for the thing that it was shared - or last had).

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks. I have a copy of the campaign note to look at this from the other thread.
    While the map location is till wrong when it comes up in map or gets shared - the light source has started being on when I come up in the app. No idea how or what changed. For sure was duplicatable for a while. Only thing I think I did different was come up in 3d camera view and log off app with that.

The shared map is now no longer black (its now positioned where I shared it from). However, and this may just be my campaign I gave you in discord if you can't duplicate it, the map comes up black on host - I double click the CT token to center it - then exit the app - and it still comes up black (out of position from where I had the map when I exited). Also, its still forcing me to turn the light source off and on to get working. Likely there is some pattern in what I just gave that is some how not storing the state (position and state of light source) when I exit the map (it comes back up messed up). As I know at one point I got the light to stay on (before I deleted test and had the LIVE file get ported back to its broken state) - I can't really state this is a problem for anyone but my campaign. As I would think people would be complaining about it not just me. For now, good enough - the share preservation of where I was in the map was the important fix.

Thread Information